Urban Terror Forums: UrT-Res Audio - Questions and Requests - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrT-Res Audio - Questions and Requests

Discussion of the audio for UrTHD

#12 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:15 PM

I just had an idea/remembered something while reading through your news post:

We need those "grenade" calls (cg_autoradio 2) in a lot of variations, e.g. "fire in the hole".

Also, but that needs to be discussed, coughing while going through a smoke should be considered. This of course leads to all this "what are smokes even good with with tacs/sound/walljump/... discussion"
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#14 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:39 PM

View Postchump, on 07 July 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

Do you think its entirely necessary that those calls come across the entire team radio?

Necessary? Def. No.
Maybe do it similar to 4.X cg_autoradio: 1 - no "grenade" 2 - "grenade", but only local 3 - global "grenade" (like it is right now)

[..]if your character looks directly at a thrown enemy grenade, they shout out "Grenade! / Look out!".

It sounds cool, but im really unsure if that should be a thing. E.g. it would allow you to check if a grenade on the floor is live or just an item, simply by pointing at it. Right now you better wait to see if anything your enemy just dropped (because he died) explodes, which require a lot more awareness imo. I personally would favor it to stay that way.

Coughing in smoke is a great idea!

Just had an idea. Because coughing every time would be pretty "OP", considering how much this game relies on sound, you could make it dependent on the players speed.
E.g. walking doesn't make any stepsounds, so it also shouldn't make any coughing sounds. Maybe even only make it silent when you are crouching, for an added level of depth. i dunno.

And ringing ears when hit with a grenade? [..]unique grenade ideas which would fit the game

Eh. no. if every grenade explosion i hear and see would make a ringing sound, it could end up pretty messy. dont like that idea. Flashbangs on the other hand......
or CS:GO styled decoys. that would actually fit and make sense, even though i can see why people dont want to import stuff from CS. (and i agree mostly)

which drastically reduced the stamina of players running through it instead of just blocking visibility

So basically forces him to make breathing sounds. hmpf.

Also: no stun grenades please. We arent wallrun CoD just yet.... :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   e4c9cdc1 Icon

• Account: e4c9cdc1

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:06 PM

View Postchump, on 04 July 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:

Any changes to the current system? More lines? Less? Different versions in the same lines?

One thing I'd love to add a bit of personality to the different characters, give them accents and maybe slightly different lines between them!

Replace "Incoming" with "Taking fire, need assistance!".
Remove "Fallback and regroup", add new commands: "Team, fallback!", "Regroup, team.".
█▓▒░Fiction over reality.░▒▓█

#17 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:38 PM

View Poste4c9cdc1, on 12 July 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

Replace "Incoming" with "Taking fire, need assistance!".

"
No. those are two totally different things. "Incoming" can be called if you hear an enemy incoming, "taking fire" is one step further.
"need assistance" is a something different again and already present in the form of "requesting backup" (even though that could be an alt. line for it)

#18 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:39 PM

Also something interesting to explore for Urban Terror HD could also be adding sounds to various currently silent actions such as sliding and defusing. Of course these sounds should as all are currently be hearable by everybody. This should hopefully at least make it feel more polished, but also adding more impact from a player with good hearing.

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#19 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:09 AM

a defuse sound would definitely be a good idea. While there is not plant sound as well, you have to switch the weapon to plant. (or sneak all the way from your spawn, already having the bomb ready). Therefor a defuse sound (at least at the start of the defuse) would be a good balance.

I'm not sure about sliding making sounds.
Lets compare this to other means of movement that dont make any sound:
* crouch/walk: no sound, but slowest possible speed in return
* jumping "upwards", e.g. landing on a surface higher than the one you jumped off previously (up stairs, on crates,...)
this is about as fast as sliding, but way harder to perform. you need to take very specific routes, sometimes its not even possible. Its all about using the map.

Sliding however is possible all the time, and only limited by your stamina.
Personally i think that sound on slide could add to the game, but i could very well see reasons why it should still be that ninja thing it is right now. (even though jumping upwards is even more ninja :rolleyes: )

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942