• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upcoming Content + NEW FLAG MODELS Rate Topic: -----

Discussion about upcoming content

#1 User is offline   chump Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: chump

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:35 PM

Your eyes do not deceive you my friend! The people have spoken, and tasty new content is in the works to sate your lust for more Urban Terror, tiding you over until the release of 4.3.

• To kick things off, HappyDay has captured an in game image of the new flag model in UrTHD. The same ones you know and love, but brought up to date!

Posted Image
  • The balls are also in motion for a UrTHD montage video, to be captured in an upcoming internal UrTHD test. Subscribe to Urban Terror on YouTube to catch it as soon as it comes out, and keep an eye on the forums, so you can enjoy it in company and style. Expect this in about 2 to 3 weeks time.
  • Last, and certainly not least, a chance for you to become immortalised in Urban Terror glory. "The beacons are lit! FrozenSand calls for aid.." With an expanded and user friendly radio system in the works, we want to bring unique character voices with accents, line variation and more to the game! We are opening this up to you the community for voice actors, aspiring talent, or butter-voiced chumps with a decent microphone to audition to be part of the game. There is a lot of planning yet to do in this front so please do not spam us with voice acting demos just yet, but have faith, and be patient with us until we are ready.

"But Chump?" ..I hear you ask.. "This is all well and good, but how can I help the team NOW?".

What a fantastic question Jimmy.

By far one the biggest and easiest ways you can help UrT is simply post questions, discussions and content on here, and on the Urban Terror subreddit, and to try and draw in some new friends into the community. While the game is alive and well, many of you current players are die-hard fans of the game. Urban Terror stays strong because of its loyal community, and of course fun gameplay. But, to foster the UrT spirit we all know and love, we must all make an effort to become publicly active again - Both us as a dev team, and crucially you UrT players. There is no doubt in my mind that if we get things moving again, combined with the upcoming content, we can move towards greener pastures, and usher in a new (and old) wave of players! This game has always been made openly with you all, and its you players, map makers, testers and video makers that keep it going.

We have faith in you all; May the frags be with you.

Chump out.

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:11 PM

Hey. Jimmy here. Your link is broken
the first [url= tag needs to get rid of that slash :)

Also this should probably be made a proper news post (or at least a blog, but those should just be "news" as well, for better visibility).

Besides that, nice to see progress. I guess we are all going to be waiting for that video (and if its not here within 3 weeks, we will have the same fun with reactions as we had with 4.2.......... Or not. maybe we have grown up by now.)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#4 User is offline   chump Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: chump

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:10 PM

View PostIye, on 07 July 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

Besides that, nice to see progress. I guess we are all going to be waiting for that video (and if its not here within 3 weeks, we will have the same fun with reactions as we had with 4.2.......... Or not. maybe we have grown up by now.)

#5 User is offline   dynomite33 Icon

• Account: dynomite33
  • Main tag: [SQD]

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:00 AM

I hope those aren't the final version of the textures on Casa
IGN : Ernst

Wo ist Schmidt?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:12 AM

I'm flagging this thread

#7 User is offline   Magister Icon

• Account: magister

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:35 AM

Can we post videos that are not in Adobe Flash format? Is it just a BBS formatting issue? Thanks.

#8 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:42 AM

View PostMagister, on 08 July 2016 - 01:35 AM, said:

Can we post videos that are not in Adobe Flash format? Is it just a BBS formatting issue? Thanks.

If you're asking how to post Youtube videos on the forum, paste the link without any tags and change the protocol from 'https://' to 'http://'.

#9 User is offline   Magister Icon

• Account: magister

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:01 AM

I'm asking that people don't post their videos in Adobe Flash format. I guess the BBS software on this forum is using some embed code that defaults the videos to Adobe Flash format. I think it would be better if the videos could be posted in standard HTML5 format, since I don't have Adobe Flash and probably there are lots of others who don't have it either. Look at this screenshot to see what those videos look like on my system, and notice the Element Inspector at the bottom showing the code: type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

http://i.imgur.com/5qSR3ce.jpg

#10 User is offline   cas3 Icon

• Account: cas3

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:55 AM

...is that Ghidorah? :D

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2018 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942