• You cannot reply to this topic

Mystic Battle Ground - beta 6 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Canacas (old) Icon

• LocationNorway

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:45 PM

Mystic Battle Grounds
Beta 6.0-pre

Map description:
Base vs Base kind og style. Created for the singel purpose of great Team Survivor Fun !! And those clan matches!

Support?:
15*2. = 30 players
Bots? = NO

Compiler data:
Q3Map2: (final) BSP -meta, -vis, -light, -fast -filter -super 2 -bounce 8
58mb passage memory
P-III 800mhz - prox 4 houers
date: 10.04.2005

New textures?: Yes. New Sounds?: No

Screenshots: Might come later today. or tomorrow :)
Download .pk3 here
filesize: 4202kb

Authors note: (Me me me!!!)
This is probably not the greatest pice of map made here in the community. But it is certantly a kick ass game play on it!. This map has been played continuesly since the start of october 2004 on almost every 60 min pause we have in school every day. (the school netwoork (and mac's) are very good indeed).

Beta 1 was very boring and dull. But since that the map has been dvelopping alot. Not on the grafich part that much maybe. But alot on game play. Now it is beta 6 and i wanted some other peopole than just the people on my school to see it.

btw we have made a short 8 team tournment on our school that is goind to be played out on this map ;) (starting tomorrwo)

link to tournement page: WARNING UT.net RIP OFF DESIGN!! -> view site. Also site is in norwegian. I know the site is violation © laws. but because it is strictly privat (the tournement that is) and because it is also stated at the site i dident care that much realy. oh and also no code has been copied :P . I have only taken the colors. (and banner ofcourse. duh)

ohwell... here is the map.. that is wat this thread is about:
Download .pk3 here

Sorry for bad english in this post ! :D

#2 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:27 PM

You can download this map from Map-Depot.com

Here are some screenshots:

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Download Mystic Battle Grounds - Beta 6

#3 User is offline   Stu (old) Icon

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:30 AM

Puppies > Kittens

Edited By Hybridesque: Be more constructive with your criticism or don't bother

hi midgetman![/b]

#4 User is offline   tr!ckn0l0gy (old) Icon

• Locationreal virtuality

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:24 AM

Looks like some funny close-quarters combat could be done here. Though I don't like that "mystic" sign up there. And that room with the green map is just plain boring and ugly. How are the r_speeds?

#5 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:43 AM

The highest I saw was 12K, but it never went any lower than 6K.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:12 PM

15*2. = 30 players

This map looks like a proving grounds-style CTF and BM map for 4+4=8 players, 10 at most. Uhm, sniping would rule in it, however it offers some complexity which could make it possible to sneak out of snipe campers.

To be honest I don't like any map that encourages extreme camping since they make me camp myself and that gets boring unless I do it to defend my team in objective gametypes. This map is not 100% that, but it tends to be.

On the other hand it looks like a map that can offer great fun in 4vs4 sr8ers matches.

#7 User is offline   Stu (old) Icon

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:34 AM

boy...,be constuctive. how about start over! unless is just has perfect game play, I cant see this map going anywhere. I wont start with how it looks, lol...but its about gameplay and from what I see, it fails. and you said you have tested and tested and tested...ding. start over.

Hybridesque: If you think you are so smart Stu with your epilepsy inducing signature how about we see what you're capable of, and then we'll just say it sucks for no real good reason and then see you how you feel afterwards.

#8 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:16 PM

Or simply show us all how it's done Stu.

Otherwise STFU.

Telling someone to 'start over' is super gay man... So yeah.

Here's an Idea. Why don't you start over and grow some tact? Maybe even lose the sig and grab yourself another username too, because anything you say from here on out is pretty much just spam, no matter what you have to say at this point IMO. This is how trolling makes it so that your opinion is meaningless. Good Job Feg.

#9 User is offline   Stu (old) Icon

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:09 AM

as i posted in another thread, i dont wanna map, i play games and have more fun doing that, but if this character has really put that much time into his map then it should be much better then how it plays, it needs lots of help starting with layout that funny sign and the textures, guess its back to playing good maps like casa

i care less if you hate my signature its like that for a reason.

#10 User is offline   Zex_Suik (old) Icon

• LocationArizona

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:26 PM

Hey this map kind of reminds me of the middle area on toxic2. At first glance I thought he had stolen the files but then realized it was a different map. It looks like fun I'll try it out when I get home.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942