Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Random Lag Spikes (repetative) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ChainsawBONER (old) Icon

• LocationNH

Posted 21 April 2004 - 05:48 PM

ok, usually my lagometer looks like this with the green even being lower than in this image:
Posted Image

but lately, I've been getting a spike/gap (on the BOTTOM) every 2-5 minutes which looks like this, only the gap is much smaller and the spike is more pointy:
Posted Image

p4 2ghz, 1024ram, ati 9800 pro, monitor running through dvi out?

I'm going to be getting a new mb, cpu, and ram soon so I'm thinking I just need to upgrade....in the meantime is there anything I can do to figure out why it's doing this?

#2 User is offline   VisionThing (old) Icon

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:16 AM

I had something like this. My ISP investiaged and it turned our to be the Cable modem they gave me. Have you called your ISP to check the line?

Also check on speedtest sites to test your download/upload and for connection problems

#3 User is offline   ChainsawBONER (old) Icon

• LocationNH

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:45 AM

i don't think it has to do with my cable connection, I've had the same cable modem for like 4 years with no previous issues....

I ran the zdnet bandwidth test for the hell of it and the results were:
2559.6 Kbps - You ...

I'm thinking it's a cfg, or hardware issue.

#4 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:19 AM

i don't think it has to do with my cable connection, I've had the same cable modem for like 4 years with no previous issues....

I ran the zdnet bandwidth test for the hell of it and the results were:
2559.6 Kbps - You ...

I'm thinking it's a cfg, or hardware issue.

I would check with your isp anyway. And since you've had your modem for 4 years, well, things can mess up you know.

When I had weird lagspikes I also ran a bw test and it showed nothing in particular, but still I had lagspikes ingame. But when dl'ing a file it all looked well. Called me ISP and it turned out to be a switch in the house messing.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942