Urban Terror Forums: cannot find or connect to a running server, sometimes i can - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

cannot find or connect to a running server, sometimes i can Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   x2the4th Icon

• Account: x2the4th

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:12 PM

On the weekends it seems i can find and play on "|RFA| RisenFromAshes.us". It shows up when i "get new list" inside of urban. I was thinking for a while they didn't run the server during the week. Maybe this observation is wrong because i wasn't really paying attention until recently.

Anyway, the server is currently active, as i type this, it shows up on the server list of this website. However, when I "get new list" it is not there, but all the other usual servers seem to be there.

So then I try to /connect to the IP:PORT and i just sit at "awaiting connection".

I know the server is running because one of the admins has confirmed it, and I am not blacklisted.

Funny thing there is another RFA server, same IP different port, that does show up in the list, and i can connect to it just fine, but it is not one that gets any players.

What gives? Any ideas?

#2 User is offline   ne0dym Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: ne0dym
  • Main tag: &one`

Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:18 PM

That seems odd, did you check your filter settings and tried to get a new server list?

#3 User is offline   x2the4th Icon

Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:41 PM

View Postne0dym, on 05 March 2020 - 10:18 PM, said:

That seems odd, did you check your filter settings and tried to get a new server list?

yes i had played with the filters with no change.

well...not sure if this is coincidence but...I play tethered to my phone on 4GLTE. I just rebooted my phone and now I see the server after the "get new list". I don't see how only a single server would be affected by this.

I guess I will update if it happens again.

#4 User is offline   x2the4th Icon

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:29 AM

Today again I had to reboot my phone to see the RFA server. Just like before, only this one server was missing from the "Get New List". Before rebooting I checked some other random servers and saw some using the same port :27960 as the missing RFA server, so i guess it is not specifically the port doing it. As before, I could see the RFA server at the same IP that is using :27961, but not see the one at :27960. At this point I guess I have a fix, but it is still a strange thing, so posting for the Devs, maybe they are interested.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942