• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dog sephy movie Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Tidus Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: tidus

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:44 AM

Well let's create the first thread of that forum with one of the classics of UrT movies, it's old and it's the best trick movie i saw in UrT. Even with all the new fancy walljumps movies i see since walljump have been introduced, i never seen anything that is any close to the skill that was involved in sephy's jumps, i.e that must be the only UrT movie when i can see someone doing HE & HK69 nade jumps, too bad he never made a second one.

I can remember myself wasting quite some hours of my time to do some of those jumps, particularly the rommel ones.

For those who never seen it: Grab it here

#2 User is offline   No|Leaf|Clover (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, USA

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:16 AM

It's definitely my favorite trick jump movie of all time. Back in the day, there was no dropping the vest for extra speed, walljumps, cg_physics 1, etc.

There certainly have been great ones since then though. Wallhopperz is the first that comes to mind...exceptional stuff.

#3 Guest_saltburn

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:30 AM

First jump video I ever watched as well and I was absolutely stunned, to be honest. At that time in my urt career, I was still enjoying pubs and could only bunny hop as the word strafe was foreign to me. I was so impressed I emailed him and told him how incredible it was and if he could give me any tips - as I was just wanting to be able to strafe jump.

Anyways my post serves no point but I haven't heard anyone talking about it in a while and felt the need to give it its deserved praise once again. :)

#4 Guest_t3hX

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:06 AM

Hang on a minute, 242MBS? What do you think I'm on? Cable?

Well I guess most gamers are but I'm only on 512 ADSL :(

I'll grab it overnight...

#5 User is offline   No|Leaf|Clover (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, USA

Posted 23 May 2005 - 11:12 AM

Most real gaming movies are large. There is no way around it if you want to keep decent quality. Gaming movies have lots of colors and high motion scenes, and that requires far more encoding data than other types of videos.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_t3hX

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:14 PM

Well I downloaded it anyway... took about an hour...

Incredible! Truly excellent. Awesome!

Wish I could do that...

#7 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:52 AM

Hehe, nice to see some old versions of maps again. M, old Abbey was so cart00nish! Hah! :D

#8 User is offline   Tacro (old) Icon

• LocationPortugal

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:25 AM

I still remember trying to do those HK jumps in Uptown and always having a close encounter with death. :P

Thx for the link Tidus, I had lost the cd where it was :evil:

#9 Guest_Phobos

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:33 PM

atm all those jumps are isi, for egsample jump with hk at uptown classic can be done without even climbing at the end of jump (and without hk ofc)

#10 User is offline   Blade (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands.

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:17 PM

so how about you redo the movie, in one go? isi is when things work 99/100 times, so you get to try 2 times.

that movie is a classic

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942