Urban Terror Forums: Crashes & CL_ParseServerMessage:Illegible server message - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crashes & CL_ParseServerMessage:Illegible server message Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   [Cleric] Kinox (old) Icon

• LocationSingapore

Posted 24 April 2004 - 06:30 AM

Hola... need some desperate help here.

My brother and I both play UrT in the house, sharing the same router to the ISP, i.e. we have the same IP-address to the outside world.

When we are both playing UrT at the same time (with 2 copies of legit Quake3, of coz) in 2 different servers, there is no problem.

However, if we are to join the same server, the person who joins later will not be able to stay in the server for long. For e.g. if my brother joins first, and then I join in later, he will be able to play fine, but I'll suffer either of these 3 problems after a random amount of time, not longer than 15-20secs after joining a server :

[1] CL_ParseServerMessage:Illegible server message
I joined the server and stayed in spec-mode. After a while, I got disconnected and see the above error message in UrT.

[2] CL_ParsePacketEntities: end of message
My brother was in the red team, and I joined the server's blue team. After a while, I got disconnected with above error message.

[3] CL_ParseServerMessage:Illegible server message
My brother was in the red team, and I joined the same team. After a while, Quake3.EXE crashed with following message:

Quake3.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

This behavior is observed in multiple servers, such as:
- Poop | 3.4 UrT CTF|64.147.171.198:27950
- Hottie's 6th Floor Hideaway - Urban Terror CTF|168.75.196.29:27960
- FSK405 CTF | 3.4 | ww.Kickassctf.com|207.44.182.28:27960
- Clan {EmS} UrT 3.4 CTF Server|207.44.246.65:27961

So, this could be a generic problem, and not server specific.

I suspect this is happening because the server sees us as having the same IP-address. Somehow this triggers some packet routing problems. Fwiw, I'm using a Linksys router (BEFW11S4 v2).

Long long ago, we used to have this problem. Then it disappeared when the Quake point release came out, and we're able to play together for a long time. Then this problem came back. :(

I really want to play with my brother in the same server. Does anyone know what could be wrong here? Any help will be much appreciated.

Kinox

#2 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 24 April 2004 - 07:21 AM

Maybe you should play on different ports? Try setting net_port to 27961 in UrbanTerror on one computer and use default on the other one.

#3 User is offline   [Cleric] Kinox (old) Icon

• LocationSingapore

Posted 24 April 2004 - 07:43 AM

Changing net_port to 27961 works like a charm. :)

Thanks a zillion, Aarsbuds0r ! You just solved a problem that plagued me for a long time. Kudos.

Kinox

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942