• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mappers' Updates, July 2005 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: wilyduck

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:56 PM

What's everyone up to?

Over here, ut_deep and ut_sled (downhill ice fight) have been released. Couple notes I'll mention on both - first, playtesting is a good thing. Deep should have gone through one more trial of testing, as there's a couple tweaks that might help improve the gameplay. For sled, I did no live gameplay testing. This incurred some interesting results... one being that both teams spawn in either spawn location. I think that has something to do with info_playerspawn (actually I can't remember what secondary spawns I added at the moment) for tdm, etc. The result seems to become a bit more interesting, although not within the scope of gameplay I intended. Pretty much everything else seems solid, and fortunately my calculations of camping abilities seems to have held (players moving to damn fast to get camped).

The next thing for me is superman beta 4, perhaps being the last in the superman series. I downloaded Google Earth, which is a SPECTACULAR map program... flying around different cities in 3d to get ideas for architecture and environments. So far I have influences from Tokyo, Honolulu, and Chicago - and Chicago seems to be the best location that represents superman thus far. We'll see once I start toying around in Manhattan... :)

Lastly, there's still the issue of temple2. I'm willing to make temple2 a group project for those that would be willing and able. I've done a great deal of brushwork and shaderwork so far, but the map needs direction and much more work. We could make a team out of the situation, and maybe see if and how an Urban Terror level design team fairs. Opinions/suggestions/comments welcome.

#2 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:19 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:19 PM

As I said on the server the other day while playing ut_sled, you rock dewd.
As you already probably know, I can't wait to see another superman map out! (the {WC} 24/7 superman server has some pretty hardcore addicts on it a lot of the time).
I liked the C&H temple but a CTF version would rock (although CTF might be a bit more campish).

Do you plan on working on ut_sled anymore? Making that sliding slope a non-stop slide right from spawnage would be sweet, have the flags somewheres along the route & the only way to cap/grab/return the flag is to slide downhill into it. Not sure what you could do in order to make it a continuous slide, other than make some sort of teleporter at the end of the jump or something... go over the jump and land in a giant whirlpool, while you're sliding in circles downwards, you're fighting the enemy into the bottom of the whirlpool where the teleporter lies.

:D :D

#4 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: wilyduck

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:41 AM

I did mention I included the .map in those releases right? :) Ok that would have been a great idea krom with a swirly end to the hill but I'm not doing it. All you lurkers out there that want a shot at taking a map and doing something with it, you've now got 2 more map source files to mess with.

The focus on temple2 is ctf... the reason temple2 even exists is because of a flag bug.

Null - what's this new thing you're working on? Or is it new? Perhaps an extension to canyon?

#5 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:00 PM

Its a completly new map.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942