Urban Terror Forums: Mouse and keyboard freezing/jerking/spazing - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mouse and keyboard freezing/jerking/spazing Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_exorcism

Posted 25 April 2004 - 04:09 AM

I have only played the UT2004 demo, and it happens in Quake3 as well: The mouse (and keyboard!) will stop responding for 1-5 seconds, on and off over the course of 10-30 seconds every 2-5 minutes (I think.)

Rarely, it will simply be delayed by a large ammount or the pc speaker will beep at much a whole lot (kinda like holding down a key during boot.) I have an optical usb mouse and a standard ps2 keyboard, but remember it happens to both of them, at the same time.

Now get this, it only happens with my ATI card. I have a Sapphire Atlantis 9600 256MB 8x and a PNY Verto Ti4200 64mb 4x. It does not happen on my nvidia card, however it only happens in quake3 and ut2004 (doesn't happen in everquest or anarchy online, which granted aren't good comparisons.)

I've tried unloading all the taskbar things (not just ATI's), disabling the hot key poller, disabling anti-virus, changing the AGP speed and toggling AGP FW. I've toggled the use of Asus' Q-fan, changed the memory speed, nothing is overclocked.

I've also tried (which I'm using now) the "hacked" DNA drivers, as well as the normal ATI ones (also, I'm running 4.4 of the drivers either way, and I haven't played UT2k4 since the demo came out which I think the drivers were in the lower 4.x or upper 3.x then so it's not just the latest drivers.)

I'm guessing it has to do something with the ATI hardware then (for me anyway) but it seems odd it only happens in these two games (granted, I've only tried the four.) Here's the rest of my specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2200+ (1800MHz/266FSB)
Asus A7N8X (regular)
512MB PC2700 Dual Channel (@266MHz)
Sapphire Atlantis 9600 256MB 8x/PNY Verto Ti4200 64MB 4x
onboard sound/lan

Any suggestions, anyone else having this problem?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942