Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Map Release: Deep Ocean by Wily Duck Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:20 PM

I'm sure some of you know about this map already, it's a completely new twist on Urban Terror gaming, and in my opinion, looks like it could easily become one of the most played maps. Deep Ocean is set in, as the title suggests, the deep ocean. You are surrounded by water, and must literally swim for your life. The challenges that lay ahead of you are immense. You must navigate through the deadly waters, using only a few air-pods scattered around the map to replenish your air supply (no, not the really bad Australian soft-rock group from the 80's). Wily Duck has really out done himself with this map. It looks awesome, frame rates are high, and the fun factor looks like it's going to be the best yet.

Go to Map-Depot.com to see some screenshots and download the map.

#2 User is offline   tr!ckn0l0gy (old) Icon

• Locationreal virtuality

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:57 AM

Looks nice, but I currently cannot testplay it. Let's hope for the weekend.

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:19 PM

looks amazing, I really enjoyed playing in it for an hour or so when it was released. my first thought was it may have been better if somehow there was no oxygen needed to survive in this particular map but then I thought the design of it is made in a way to give specific routes to get air. that may be good or bad dunno.

my real objection though comes from the fact one can camp on their base and just snipe. it could have been far less snipy if the spawns were much lower to the seabed.

anyway, imo aesthetically the map is amazing and if the spawns were much closer to the sea bed and perhaps lower than most of the rest of the map it'd be an improvement.

#4 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:54 PM

Wily Duck has included the source .map file so you can feely modify the map to your liking. I would double check the readme located in the pk3 to see if he has placed any re-release restrictions on his map.

#5 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:29 PM

Wily Duck has included the source .map file so you can feely modify the map to your liking. I would double check the readme located in the pk3 to see if he has placed any re-release restrictions on his map.

so it ain't allowed nor was it intentional. (who would add bsp.exe to his pk3 intentionally?)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942