Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All Seeing Eye shows NO servers! Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Baloney_Sandwich

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:25 PM

I don't understand what is wrong, I haven't been playing any games since i reformatted, school and other stuff keeping me busy. So now i decide its holidays I will reinstall Quake 3 and Urban Terror and i remmebered i used to use All Seeing Eye to find servers. Months back when i used it it worked fine but now it shows no servers not only for UrT but any game. I have checked my connection setup in All Seeing Eye and it is proper...please help how do I get the hundreds of UrT servers to show? I press refresh and noting will happen.

#2 Guest_KanNabiS

Posted 08 July 2005 - 06:09 PM

Either you have to pick a scanner for All seeing eye to use. (I believe it's one of the 1st tabs on the left)

Or you need to make sure that in your setup where you would put your game name into All Seeing Eye that you also have the destination path pointing to the Quake3 exe.

Let me know if you get it to work.

#3 Guest_Baloney_Sandwich

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:47 PM

sigh...no luck.

#4 Guest_KanNabiS

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:47 PM

Make sure your firewall isn't blocking it from connecting?

#5 Guest_Baloney_Sandwich

Posted 10 July 2005 - 01:41 AM

how do I do that?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_KanNabiS

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:06 PM

What firewall do you use?

Somewhere in the settings of whatever one you use should be a list of programs that you have given access to use the internet.

For example, If you use Zonealarm, when a new program connects to the internet for the first time it will pop up and ask if you want to allow it to connect. If by chance you unknowingly clicked no on this then Zonealarm will not allow ASE to connect. You just simply need to go in and change the access to that program.

Check it out and if it still doesn't work post again and we'll get ya figured out.

Good luck

#7 User is offline   Chris Icon

• Account: chris
  • Main tag: [US]

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:44 AM

Make sure you dont use very restrictive filters
like: UrT version = 3.0 and ping < 10 ....

#8 User is offline   Tung Icon

•   community admin   
    www.urban-terror.fr
  • Account: tung

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:27 PM

Sometimes the default scanner ip is wrong when you install ASE. It means you have to change it. But I can't give you the good one, I'm at work :(

#9 User is offline   JohnnyGrey|poop (old) Icon

• LocationClarendon Hills, Illinois, US of A

Posted 18 October 2005 - 06:34 AM

how do I do that?

If you use Windows XP with SP2, then go to your control panel, and then click on windows firewall, if the first tab shows that it is on, then click the "exceptions" tab and click add program. Then select browse, and browse to your quake3.exe. If this doesn't work or the firewall is turned off, I am of no help.

EDIT: wow i totally meant to say the eye.exe, not the q3 exe.

#10 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:06 PM

he said that ase doesn't find servers, not the ingame browser. better browser the ase.exe, but that isn't the issue i bet. rather get a server browser capable of doing the q3 master protocol and point it to master.urbanterror.net.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942