Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Epic's new Unreal 3 engine Rate Topic: -----

#11 Guest_[n*e*r*d*].SplitKick

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:55 PM

I'm pretty sure that everybody around here knows that, Tr!ckn0l0gy. Fact remains, that stuff looks sweet as hell, and combined with good gameplay, it could make a tremendous gaming experience.

#12 Guest_Mikesmaf

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:56 PM

omg....those graphics.................wth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol i think thats a step above doom3.

#13 User is offline   tr!ckn0l0gy (old) Icon

• Locationreal virtuality

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:06 PM

duh, is it just me or is WMV a stoopid codec? I always get a choppy picture and after a few seconds it all turns green. Just did a reinstall of MP9, but to no avail... *aaaaargh* Someone got an idea? :?:

#14 User is offline   Blade (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands.

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:18 PM

that looks very nice =o thx for that link.

#15 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:30 PM

omg....those graphics.................wth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol i think thats a step above doom3.

How about a LEAP? :D

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   autoaim.cfg (old) Icon

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:56 PM

[quote name='"tr!ckn0l0gy"]duh' date=' is it just me or is WMV a stoopid codec? I always get a choppy picture and after a few seconds it all turns green. Just did a reinstall of MP9, but to no avail... *aaaaargh* Someone got an idea? :?:[/quote']

1. Yes, WMV is the devils work
2. I played it directly in Explorer and it worked ok for me.
3. http://www.boilsoft.com/asfconverter/ for a converter.

You could try to download it and convert it with that one. The film is quite nice. I can't wait to see the stuff we'll be playing in 10 years. Think about it: 10 years ago we were playing stuff like Chaos Engine and Settlers on our 16 bit Amigas, in 2004 we've got Unreal Tournament 2004, and in 2014....oh wow... :shock:

#17 User is offline   tr!ckn0l0gy (old) Icon

• Locationreal virtuality

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:39 PM

:idea: Thanks man, that did it for me... =) :D Though the conversion speed is below normal I consider this a great tool against the spamming of the world with WMV-ridden files... lol

@epic-lovers: yeah the numbers are interesting. but I don't see much new here, except from the whopping MASS of polygons used. the far cry engine can do that as well, yet it takes into account that not many will have an NV40 soon. as to what can be derived from this video: nothing that gets me all excited. just way to go... we all knew (or at least guessed) it for months didn't we? remember last E3?

:arrow: just my 2 cents: the bottleneck is not what gamedevelopers can do today, but whether hardware can deliver to their needs. the gap needs bridging. fast. now. :!:

#18 Guest_[n*e*r*d*].SplitKick

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:08 AM

Ok fine, then don't be impressed. Your loss :)

#19 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:07 PM

Yes, gameplay is king. But if the game plays even half as good as it looks, then f*ck me and me Shirley.

#20 User is offline   mrp (old) Icon

• Locationuk

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:21 AM

duh' date=' is it just me or is WMV a stoopid codec? I always get a choppy picture and after a few seconds it all turns green. Just did a reinstall of MP9, but to no avail... *aaaaargh* Someone got an idea? :?:[/quote']

1. Yes, WMV is the devils work
2. I played it directly in Explorer and it worked ok for me.
3. http://www.boilsoft.com/asfconverter/ for a converter.

You could try to download it and convert it with that one. The film is quite nice. I can't wait to see the stuff we'll be playing in 10 years. Think about it: 10 years ago we were playing stuff like Chaos Engine and Settlers on our 16 bit Amigas, in 2004 we've got Unreal Tournament 2004, and in 2014....oh wow... :shock:

heh and by 2014 we will b salivating over 2015 proposed innovations no doubt :P

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942