Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

noob needs skybox help...edit*fixed Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   prYldfire (old) Icon

Posted 12 November 2005 - 09:46 AM

I've tried getting this skybox to work many different ways and I'm fairly sure whatever I'm missing, its minor. So any assistance I can get will be much appreciated.

My skybox images are named utlockdown19isky_bk, etc. and they are located in q3ut3/textures/ut_lockdown/env. These are the only files in this folder. They are 512x512 .jpegs.

I have a skybox1.trg file that is a 64x64 orange box. It is located in q3ut3/textures/ut_lockdown.

The line ut_lockdown is added to my shaderlist.txt in q3ut3/scripts and the textures in that folder show up in radiant, although the actual skybox images (utlockdown19isky_ft, etc.) that are in the env subfolder do not show up in radiant.

Also, in my scripts folder I have ut_lockdown.shader. This is the shader:

textures/ut_lockdown/skybox1
{
surfaceparm noimpact
surfaceparm nolightmap
surfaceparm sky
q3map_sun .3 .3 .7 70 65 78
q3map_surfacelight 60
skyparms textures/ut_lockdown/env/utlockdown19isky - -
}

](*,)

In radiant, the orange skybox1.trg image shows up as a shader and I have applied it to the inside surfaces of the 'box', but when I compile, the utlockdown19isky images do not show up, but rather the orange box does.

I'm assuming something about my shader is wrong?

I would sincerely appreciate any and all help. A thousand thank-yous in advance.

EDIT--Thanks NuIL and Fjoggis in #urbanmappers for the quick and easy solution. I simply renamed my shaderfile to lockdown.shader, added it to the shaderlist.txt, and reapplied the shader as found lockdown in radiant instead of ut/ut_lockdown.

#2 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:11 PM

nice to see people caring enough to post an answer to their own questions if they found the solution somewhere else.

#3 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:04 PM

heh, the guys in #urbanmappers RAWK

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942