Urban Terror Forums: Off Topic: Systray icons not loading? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Off Topic: Systray icons not loading? Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_exorcism

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:41 PM

I've been having this very annoying problem with all my systems and I don't know what's wrong. The icons in the systray (the lower right, where the clock is) sometimes don't appear on startup. Like, trillian won't appear, even though it's running (therefor I have to go into the task manager and stop it so I can run it again so it will appear.) Happens with most things that run at startup now... Daemon Tools, Trillian, Live Journal, the volume icon, sometimes VNC, AV, and the network icon.

Anyone else have this problem, know why it happens, how to fix it?

#2 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:39 PM

Take a look at the taskmanager and try to determine if the programs are actually running. If they aren't then they either aren't set to start at boot or are crashing at some point in time. Run msconfig and make sure that the programs are set to start at boot.

#3 Guest_exorcism

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:24 AM

Yeah, they actually are running because I have to end them (remember?) so that I can rerun them and have them appear. Plus, the windows for them pop up and all, jsut the systray icons aren't showing up.

#4 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:26 AM

I have that happen very rarely and usually only 1 or 2 programs have that problem. No idea how to fix it other than reloading the program. Sorry.

#5 User is offline   Tetrahydro (old) Icon

• Locationoxon uk

Posted 05 May 2004 - 02:02 PM

yeh i get that sometimes but only with my volume icon and sometimes network conn icon, yep they are working fine but not showing sometimes, vvv odd imo

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_Blaster

Posted 05 May 2004 - 03:10 PM

It's a known bug in XP SP1, hopefully XP Service Pack 2 will solve it.

Here's some solutions:

http://www.talkroot....ic/28927-1.html

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942