Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

streets2 Rate Topic: -----

#11 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 04 April 2004 - 07:31 AM

Village had flags? I know that streets didn't for sure.

#12 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 04 April 2004 - 07:42 AM

I think he meant that flags should've been added (as if that would have made old streets better :P ).

It's nothing wrong with new streets, on the contrary. It's fun, loads of nice jumps to be made and really fun in TS.

What really annoys me is that you never gave |NV|S a chance but flamed him to the extent that he left. So if you (well, some of you) had been more constructive he could have adjusted it more to your likings, but nooo. Asshatted away he is to a great job instead, I guess he is the one laughing now. PWNT! :twisted:

#13 Guest_Da3dalus

Posted 04 April 2004 - 06:36 PM

I never liked the old streets, dull map... streets2 is way better. Not my favourite map, but fun to play every now and then 8)

#14 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 04 April 2004 - 07:04 PM

You guys want an urban type map? Sick of those other 'urban style' Urban Terror maps?

Try this one, it's new:

Screen shots and servers running it located HERE

Download HERE

ps- imo there's nothing wrong with |NV|S's version of streets...it's just...streets. It was a beta 1.x map, what can I say?

#15 User is offline   Blade (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands.

Posted 04 April 2004 - 10:29 PM

streets2 is cool - that first.

BUT streets 1 was also damn good, and it's not true it rarely showed up on rotations... ffs I loved playing that map, and I played it A LOT.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   BlackRider (old) Icon

Posted 05 April 2004 - 03:09 AM

Actually Os, the first streets was played quite regularily on TS servers. Not sure how you'd be able to disagree, seeing as you rarely play as it is.. And when you do it's CTF.

It really was a great map, a shame it will never be back.

#17 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 05 April 2004 - 08:26 AM

if old maps are so cool, how come they were never played on a regular basis? we hear and see complaints on a regular basis, so it gets changed and the bitching persists...makes no sense. Old streets is dead and not supported by sid.

#18 Guest_QwertyG

Posted 05 April 2004 - 08:41 AM

Theres lots of good old maps, I loved Austria but its never ever played now. Same with sands for CTF (Man I miss the warzone :(). Why people want to play the same couple maps over and over again is beyond me, especially some that are just completely unbalanced and just not fun in general lol.

#19 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:38 AM

/me whispers to QwertyG; Austria is coming back, didn't you know?

:)

#20 Guest_Mr.StaggerLee*ReIIiK

Posted 05 April 2004 - 01:15 PM

yah i loved classic streets though...maybe get rid of the angled roofs, and that would have solved a lot of the camping issues...always saw heads poking out from those things, equiped with sr8's...almost unstoppable...i know cuz i was one of them lol.

but now in streets2, if youve got the balls to try to get up to the top of the really tall building with the climb-pipe on the side...youre gonna own all...anyone tries to come up and cap your camping a$$ and you let off a sr8 round just as they reach the top...or on the way up.

there are still ways around that problem though...but the fact that its the highest point (with most manueverability anyway) and you get visibility over 90% of the map...and theres only one way up worries me. then again it kind of balances itself out because its so easy to cap someone going up that side pipe...so im gonna shutup now i probably dont know what im talking about lol.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942