http://www.flippedno...ws.php?item.9.3

Go have a lookie :)

#2 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 19 February 2006 - 04:53 PM

Wow. First thing that strikes me is the skybox... just awesome. People seem to crave land masses and mountains in their skybox (which sometimes works, mostly it's "noise"), I like the more natural clouds streching to the horizon where they fade to a haze. The water shader is very well done (though it seems to be collecting a bit too much light). Architecture is simple, with a distinct style. Regarding the fruit stand, it seems too centered, too justified; things aren't like that normally. Maybe rotate it slightly and shove it to the side a little.

Overall, two thumbs up. Good job $NulL :-)

#3 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

• LocationSanta Clarita, CA

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:15 AM

Very nice looking terrain and texturing.

#4 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:32 AM

My only niggle is that level feels really brown, but there isn't much you can do about it really otherwise the theme wouldn't work.

#5 User is offline   tub (old) Icon

• Locationut_abbey

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:00 PM

Terrain looks really nice. Sort of Operation Overlord style beach landing. If I could make a suggestion, looking at Shot0767 I think it would look cool if you could add some more variation to the skyline. Different building heights, or something else on the roof. Just a thought.

Oh and there's nothing wrong with brown ;)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:00 PM

nothing wrong with the colour per se, but it going to get a bit monotonous on the eyes.

#7 Guest_KanNabiS

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:27 AM

like casa or algiers? lol, looks like another classic in the works Null keep up the good work!

#8 User is offline   tub (old) Icon

• Locationut_abbey

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:03 AM

[quote name='"KanNabiS"]lol' date=' looks like another classic in the works Null keep up the good work![/quote']

Indeed. Looking at that first screenshot I can just imagine a gunfight going across the two balconies while a flag runner comes streaming down the middle. Being able to imaging senarios from the first screenshot is a good sign imho :)

[quote name='"Hybridesque"]nothing wrong with the colour per se' date=' but it going to get a bit monotonous on the eyes.[/quote']

Well if it's an issue I think greenery. I.e plants, can help help add more colour to the map. Casa has flowers iirc.

There's also things like the blue tiles that casa uses, or coloured flags etc. I think small splashes of contrasting colour can be nice sometimes if not overdone.

But the real desert is pretty much brown all over, and done right, it's all the colour you need.

#9 User is offline   NakedAssassin (old) Icon

• Location55.56°N 4.01°W

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:35 PM

[quote name='"tub"]Well if it's an issue I think greenery. I.e plants' date=' can help help add more colour to the map. Casa has flowers iirc. [/quote']

And a pink bra.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942