Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Urban terror maps for UT 99 Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_:[lol]:highlander

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:41 PM

Good evening gentlemen.

I am amazed by the quality of the maps developped in this game.

I am a sniper in the Ut community and would like to know if there are maps like these for Unrealt tournament 99 ?

Thank you.

:[lol]:Highlander

#2 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:27 AM

The Engines are totally different and so far I didn´t saw a UT99 Map who can compare with the URT Maps. But the most important thing is, you can´t compare maps of those 2 Games, its totally different approach.

Wolfseye

#3 Guest_:[lol]:highlander

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:05 PM

Agreed.

The main idea is to create maps with the engine of Unrealtournament with the ideas and maps of urbanterror.

In other words a map like ut_rommel for example.

You take a look at it with the help of pictures of it and create maps for Unrealtournament.

Urbanterror maps are awsome sniping maps.

So be using good pictures of these maps and create Unrealtournament maps.

#4 Guest_:[lol]:highlander

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:07 PM

I am searching for someone who would like to create some maps like the style of Urban terror but would good for Unreal tournament.

you can reach me on this e mail: highlandertheone@hotmail.com

#5 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:12 PM

:highlander"]

Which leads to camping. ROMMEL is a nice map, if you play it the right way. ROMMEL sucks when you play it the wrong way, which is on most public Servers the fact.

People sit in the cathedral and other roofs on top and snipe anything away what comes in sight. Thats f.... camping and is no fun @ all ! I agree with you that URT Maps are great ;) but they should not be played with the intention to snipe.

And also i think Maps like that would not work, considering the theme of UT, which is more Sci-Fi/Alien like.

There are some tries of Reality - like Mods in UT2004, which mostly are not the real deal because of things like Models and Environment. The only Mod for UT2004 which I see as authentic for things like this, is STRIKE FORCE 2004. Its the best graphics for Models, Environment and Weapons I saw so far.

But on the other hand, any UT Engine is not really made for URT-style games. Same with vehicles, it can use vehicles but its not really made for vehicles.

Wolfseye

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Bobbelin Icon

• Account: bobbelin
  • Main tag: ]Vz[

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:04 PM

well, doesn't UT99 have some sniper mutators? also I think there's a huge selection of sniper only servers at UT99

#7 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:38 PM

[quote name='"BoBBeLiN"]well' date=' doesn't UT99 have some sniper mutators? also I think there's a huge selection of sniper only servers at UT99[/quote']

Well I don´t know about sniping in UT99 but in URT it means that at least 50 % are camping somewhere. And thats nothing I am looking forward to, since you can call that Game Type then TC <-> Team Camper then.

Wolfseye

#8 User is offline   Hito]{iri (old) Icon

• LocationBelgium

Posted 03 March 2006 - 07:43 PM

:highlander"]

People sit in the cathedral and other roofs on top and snipe anything away what comes in sight. Thats f.... camping and is no fun @ all !

Wolfseye

Well in some cases u are wrong , like i do sometimes , i dont go at the church roof , just on the 2nd floor , & for me , thats the flag area & then its defending.

Well , what i'm trying to say is , people need to learn whats the flag area & whats not. F.E. , Church roof = NO flag area , u cant even see the flag. but the 2nd floor , u can see the flag , & all 3 entrances , so for me , thats a flag area , and also not camping.

#9 Guest_:[lol]:highlander

Posted 04 March 2006 - 01:37 PM

the fact remains.

For us. We are a camping style of clan.

These maps would be perfectly suited for sniping.

I am searching for someone who would like to create these maps but good for Unrealtournament.

Using Unreal ed of course.

I am ready to pay ''reasonably of course" for these maps to be suited for unreal tournament.

ut_rommel is one for starters.

Just please at least think about it.

:[lol]:Highlander

#10 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:22 PM

Sorry, but paying for SID/FS Levels to be converted is a no go... I'm fairly sure Oswald would probably say the same.

No Levels.. ONE YEAR!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942