• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut_slammer: preview Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist
  • Locationseahorse seahell

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:28 AM

nice man. looks awesome. cant wait for it to be 4.0 compatable.

#12 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:20 AM

make a video

#13 User is offline   prYldfire (old) Icon

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:36 AM

Wow, it's been 5 weeks since I promised to deliver these.  I wanted to have some screenshots that were somewhat fair representations of what the final version is going to look like and it took me a little longer to get some shots like that together.  And a couple of these are probably going to look a little different soon.  Much has changed in that time, though, and continues to.  I'll have a video as soon as every turn the camera makes doesnt reveal something that needs work, lol.  And shortly after that, it should be available.  I'm hoping for 6 weeks.  Thanks again for the interest.  I always loved playing pretty much any map I could get my hands on.  Creating one certainly makes you appreciate the effort and talent of all of the designers behind the game.  I'm ready for some intermodal.

Posted Image
Construction! Yay!

Posted Image
Welcome!

Posted Image
The tree is out there.....

Posted Image
Yup, its a prison alright.

Posted Image
Im huuuuuuungry.

Posted Image
mmmmmmm..... gravy

Posted Image
the empty part at the bottoms gotta go...  :roll: :-o :wink:

And yeah the lifts are gone but the 'spotlights' are even better!

#14 User is offline   Qster (old) Icon

• LocationMidlander

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:10 PM

lookin great :)

#15 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:58 AM

leet :) Good map for movies too, prolly :D

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Poelier` (old) Icon

• LocationHolland

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:48 AM

really looking nice m8!!  :mrgreen: keep up the good work  :lol:

#17 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist
  • Locationseahorse seahell

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

WOW looks really good, and BIG. i like how you try to think the map's flow through. some mappers dont do that and its very annoying. like some people dont like riyadh because of the open mid-field (i luv it tho :D snipers ftw)

#18 User is offline   prYldfire (old) Icon

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:17 AM

Thanks a lot,  I've been through at least a few of the upper levels of hell (especially that cold and windy one--spent a lot of time there) trying to complete this.  But alas, Ive loved damn near every minute of it.  I said in my last post 6 more weeks and I honestly meant it, but man oh man.  I shoulda just stuck with the FS approach to dates.

But on the postive front, I've made it do a different level of hell (not sure if its further up or down) that seems far more suitable for game map development.  The weather is certainly better, and as soon as I get my Wii back running, I'll be in the mood to wrap this up.  It definitely wont be the greatest 1st map and probably not the worst either, just one of the slowest to develop.  Should make the 2nd all that much better.

We'll see........

long live the terror!!!!!!!

#19 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:45 AM

how about some pic updates

#20 User is offline   prYldfire (old) Icon

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:25 AM

I had a bad feeling about that last post.  I would love to share some more pics, muff!e, but at this point there's nothing new to share really.  I was just so excited to be able to be in a position to resume work that I had to post.  I guess I should have been more clear.  The map is basically "done." Only a few minor details here and there and the final "packaging," if you will.  I wont bore you with the details of my reality that has prevented completion within the 6 week time frame that I previously mentioned, but the result of the delay should make for a pretty cool 2nd (or 3rd, but that one unreleased one doesn't count) attempt at a map for UrT. You can be sure that the end of "slammer" is near and you will be able to enjoy fragging on a nice interpretaion of a fictional, fairly modern,  medium-security prison at night time.

Again thank you all for your interest.  I'm anxious to hear your criticisms and praises (hopefully) when its done.  I estimate I've put about 6 months of my old level of "playing days" into it, and for me that means 8 hour days, lol.  :-D 

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942