Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

breakable wall Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   preperationH (old) Icon

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:14 PM

yo whats up. im just curious on how to make a portion of a wall breakable. right now i have a break in the wall but when i make it breakable, it breaks with one bullet shot like a glass would. also, it sounds like glass when it gets broken. ive looked around and ive failed to come across anything to do with bustable walls. any input would be great, even an "I have no fucking clue." THANKS DUDE.

Keep it gangsta

-PreperationH

#2 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:21 PM

you're along the right track, but you need to get more familiar with the entity.

This copy paste should help you realise what's going on.

/*QUAKED func_breakable (0 .5 .8) ?
A breakable thing just sits there, doing nothing,
but will break if damaged or collided with.

-------- KEYS --------
model2 : path/name of model to include (eg: models/mapobjects/pipe/pipe02.md3).
color : constantLight color
light : constantLight radius
type : 0: glass 1: wood 2: ceramic 3: plastic 4: metal-normal 5: metal-explosives 6: metal-hk69 7: stone-explosives 8: stone-hk69 9: wood-explosives 10: wood-hk69(SEE NOTES)
axis : 1 - x, 2 - y, 4 - z
health : health of object
model2 : path/name of model to include (eg: models/mapobjects/pipe/pipe02.md3).
shards : number of shards object should shatter into (0-255)
bombable : allows the entity to be destroyed by the bomb in bomb mode. The size of blast shown when the entity breaks is determined by this value (Values : 1 none - 255 huge blast).

-------- NOTES --------
- For glass windows that break easily, set health to 1.
- Any func_breakable with a health of less than 10 will slowly weaken if a player is in contact with it. You can make a roof that collapses in after a period of time by setting the health to a value like 5. This will mean that a player standing on such a surface for around 5 seconds will fall thru. The effect is cumulative: if you stand there for 3 seconds and then come back you can only stand on it for another 2 seconds.
- The type parameter selects the shader that is used for fragments and sets the sound the object makes when it breaks.
- If the brush you are making is on an angle (for example, a skylight in a sloping roof) then you will need to set the break axis to "4" if you want it to break when people stand on it.
- You can build anything to break using the breakables. Use the model2 key to create things like breakable pots -- see Wetwired's map "ricochet" for an example.
- Set shards as high as you want (it maxes out at 32 anyway) - players can reduce the number of shards they see using cg_maxFragments
- Bombable key is to be used for things that can only be broken by the Bomb Mode bomb explosion. For example a large propane tank near a bomb target. The key's value will determine the size of the explosion graphics from this entity when broken, with a value of 1 being no explosion and a value of 255 being a large secondary blast.
- Type values info for 1,2,3,4 - The game will attenuate the damage caused by each hit to a value of 1-3. Health values above 10 will choose a random health between 6 and 10. Specifics are as follows: 0: is for glass/windows 1: is for all woods 2: is for ceramics and pottery 3: is for various plastics 4: is for metal that can be broken by normal means
- Type values info for 5,6,7,8,9,10 - The game will use the literal health value compared to the weapon damages. They should be set quite high (metals and stone at 50+). Specifics are as follows: 5: is for metal that requires explosives to break (HE grenade or hk69) 6: is for metal that requires the hk69 to break 7: is for stone that requires explosives to break (HE grenade or hk69) 8: is for stone that requires the hk69 to break 9: is for wood that requires explosives to break (HE grenade or hk69) 10: is for wood that requires the hk69 to break
*/

-------------
soooo... you want to increase the health so it doesn't break as quickly, you only want to apply to the brushes you want to break... if it's a wall, then you want stone.. but that means you can only use a hk69 shot or a blast to break it. You'll have to ponder this a little bit.

#3 User is offline   preperationH (old) Icon

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:43 PM

cool cool. ya man i just found here the breakable rock and im going to use that, thank alot. I ALSO am having some trouble with the sentrys. i cant fiind them in the zQ3UT3 zips, or maybe im not trying hard enough. .Anotherthing, how do i use them. I have the nodrop texture in my spawn already. And ONE MORE THING: team oriented one-way doors. thx again.

-PreperationH

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942