Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Building a new system Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DoctorDominology (old) Icon

• LocationDouble Six

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:53 PM

Its been a long time since I have put together a homebuilt PC and have fallen out of touch with all of the "tech"

I have $1500 and want to put together the best PC I can for that amount for gaming.

Out of that I already have reserved $160 for a Thermaltake Eureka full tower case leaving me

$1340 for everything else and I mean everything, power supply, mobo, hard drive(s), lcd flat panel, etc.

Thanks in advance.

#2 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:58 PM

I think we need to know more about your preferences perhaps... like the minimum size screen you'll have and do you want RAID arrays or whatever.. and er.. SLI. though I don't know if you could fit SLI and RAID into your budget... best bets are that you'll go Athlon 64 (maybe dual core) with 1Gb DDR, 250Gb SATA HDD, an SLI capable motherboard but with only the one 7800GT, DVD-RW drive and DVD-ROM drive. 500W+ PSU.

#3 User is offline   DoctorDominology (old) Icon

• LocationDouble Six

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:00 PM

No RAID, no SLI

19" Flat panel if it fits into the budget, if not then 17"

I am also looking for brand names here, like which motherboard, which graphics card by what company, etc.

#4 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:21 PM

oh yeah, don't know where you're from, or as to which stores you can order stuff from either.

#5 User is offline   DoctorDominology (old) Icon

• LocationDouble Six

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:05 PM

[quote name='"Hybridesque"]oh yeah' date=' don't know where you're from, or as to which stores you can order stuff from either.[/quote']

newegg.com

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Hova Icon

• Account: hova
  • Main tag: iCu*

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:17 PM

I would suggest www.pc-infinity.com as far as getting the stuff to build your new rig. As far as lcd's I would suggest www.newegg.com. I spent $510 american and got a really nice rig from pc-infinity. Which is an Abit k8n SLI nvidia chipset, 7.1 channel sound onboard, silent otes thermal cooling, the amd cool n' quiet tech, etc... As far as getting barebones,pc,s mobo combo's etc.. they are one of the cheapest I could find. Here in the states depending on whether or not they build it, it takes 1-2 days to proccess the order, then 3 days to ship group ups for free. Took mine about a week to arrive. As far as getting a gpu I would suggest getting one from newegg. The pc I ordered from them had no onboard gpu, nor did i order any they offered, I just went to new egg and order a gpu from them which I did next day shipping and got it the next day. Also at the time I ordered my pc, they had a special 3 year warranty free.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942