Urban Terror Forums: Where is the "Caulk" texture located? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where is the "Caulk" texture located? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   RTSNinja! (old) Icon

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:40 AM

I'm just starting to set up GTKRadiant but I can't find the "Caulk" texture. My set up is as follows:

1. I copied the urbanterror.def file from zQ3UT32.pk3 to "C:Program FilesQuake III Arenabaseq3scripts".

2. I inserted the text "urban_terror" before the "base_button" line in the "shaderlist.txt" file located in the "C:Program FilesQuake III Arenabaseq3scripts" directory.

3. My project settings for GTKRadiant is:
Select mod = "Custom Quake III modification"
fs_game = Q3UT3

Now when I click on the Textures menu and scroll to the 'common" texture, the only textures that I see are "invisible" and "mirror1".

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. I read most of the tutorials on the web. :cry: [/img]

#2 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:04 AM

Caulk is actually a shader script, it has no real "texture". And if I remember correctly, it's only used during the compilation of the map, so after that it is no longer neccessary to keep around.

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:01 PM

ye, it's a "don't render this to save performance" texture.

#4 User is offline   RTSNinja! (old) Icon

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:59 PM

But how do I select it? When I switch to editing a standard Quake Arena level there is a texture in the common group called "Caulk".

RTSNinja

#5 User is offline   tub (old) Icon

• Locationut_abbey

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:24 AM

Radiant 1.4 should have installed a texture pack called 'common-spog.pk3' into your 'quake3baseq3' dir when you installed it. If you don't have it just google for it and download it. It includes all the common textures.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   RTSNinja! (old) Icon

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:37 PM

Thanks, I'll try that. When I setup GTKRadian for urtban terror 2.6, there was a calk texture, but when I switched my configuration for urban terror 3.7 the texture was missing.

RTSNinja!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942