• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

wow Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Frea]{ (old) Icon

• LocationBrussels, Belgium

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:34 PM

im impressed !

wasent that much difficult to install q3 + urt on my pclinux and it runs really well , i would say smoother than on windows but thats maybe just psychological :P

i just tried and join some server and evrything is fine! i expected hours of tweaking n shits :P

gg linux

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:52 PM

I tried Ubuntu again like 2 weeks ago and STILL I couldnt just set my refreshrate too 100Hz anywhere... was forced to 60Hz headache... (unless I could be arsed to read 100 manuals and edit some weird config files with weird lines that needed tutorials + calculators to set it up correctly). HOW HARD CAN IT BE????

#3 User is offline   Frea]{ (old) Icon

• LocationBrussels, Belgium

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:18 PM

just try and dl the pclinux livecd here :

http://www.pclinuxonline.com/

http://www.pclinuxos.com/page.php?6

there are several versions, for ATI users and for NVIDIA users.

im just a old windows user, and this pclinux is just as noob friendly as windows.

dl the .iso , burn it , boot comp from it , and u will notice it detect internet automaticaly from LAN. all just works from the cd ,it will not write anything to HD.

Then when u are convinced, click the install pclinux icon on desktop, create a ext3 partition for the os and a swap partition and install it.... and then just be amazed by that beta OS that just is better than windows :P

there is a synaptic software manager from which u can get all updates for installed progs or to install new ones. (+- 5000 progs listed)

its really easy to use though still fully customisable... there some really nice effects for desktop/windows/etc.

well ... its just better than windows xp and its FREE.

p.s.: now i just have another comp with windows only for games and i keep this one to do the rest ( dls, burn cds,dvds, browse net, desktop, multimedia, etc ) even though i managed to install quake3+urt on this one :P

#4 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:43 PM

Will try, hope Linux can finally satisfy me for once :)

#5 User is offline   Hito]{iri (old) Icon

• LocationBelgium

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

Woohoo , another belgian player returning ? 8) 8)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:30 PM

Woekele, spend some intimate time installing gentoo and you'll never want anything else :)

Frea] {, I don't think it's psychological. My fps are higher on linux and the mouse feel is just beyond anything windows can offer.

#7 User is offline   CP (old) Icon

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:09 PM

I have Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake and Urt is running smoothly and flawlessly (GF6600GT, 2800xp, 1gt RAM). This is not a psychological thing, by some reason Urt runs better at Linux even I played years with several windows versions (98, 2000, XP).

Currently I have only Ubuntu Linux at my computer (8 months), looks like I don't need to buy Windows licence anymore but I will if Vista will be impressive enough.

#8 User is offline   Nationalist Icon

• Account: nationalist

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:02 PM

Woekele, spend some intimate time installing gentoo and you'll never want anything else :)

Frea] {, I don't think it's psychological. My fps are higher on linux and the mouse feel is just beyond anything windows can offer.

I suffered horrific mouse lag when I ran UT on Mandriva 2006. I was forced to return to Windows.

#9 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:07 PM

linux is more for internationalists

#10 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:04 AM

I suffered horrific mouse lag when I ran UT on Mandriva 2006. I was forced to return to Windows.

This horrific mouse lag comes from using the wrong mouse input method. On linux there is a cvar named in_dgamouse, which you really (yes really (yes very really) really) want to have set to 1. If you change the value to 1, run /in_restart in the console and see if it initializes the DGA extension for the mouse. If this doesn't work, remove the line that says omit "xfree86-dga" from /etc/X11/xorg.conf under the extmod section.

DGA >>>>> DirectInput so it seems. Do note that if you enable syncing screen update with frame drawing (NVIDIA option or r_finish 1) the linux version will only process mouse input between redraws or something... anyway, best leave the syncing  off on linux for the best feel you can possibly experience in urban terror.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942