• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

urbanterror sound Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 07 August 2006 - 04:42 AM

hm, should be mentioned. if you (at your own risk  :-D) join non-punkbuster servers (mainly european TS), icculus.org has a nice version of q3 with alsa support, which means, it won't need any configuration to have sound mixing with other alsa programs (er, that excludes teamspeak though) and since it uses openal, it even has real 3d sound if anyone has the appropriate equipment.. (it'd help in situations like uptown when you're in the mid of garage and have no idea where the sound comes from).

#12 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:08 AM

mm, I see 5.1 headphones aren't a new idea  :-D

#13 User is offline   Skyman (old) Icon

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:43 AM

if he can start quake with sound the problem may be in the config file that is inside the urt folder pointing to a different device...

take a look @ the q3config.cfg in the q3 directory and search for souddevice, compare it with the q3config.cfg that is inside the q3ut3 directory and put the same value

#14 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:59 PM

I have a sound blaster live and besides maybe some software mixers (but not too sure about this) there seems to be no way to get team speak and quake3 to share the /dev/dsp device. I use a headset with one ear on my onboard for team speak and the speakers on the sblive. Granted, hearing the exact position of the enemy is not that easy, but I think it would be the same if I set my speakers at better positions.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942