Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Maps and UrTWiki Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Zex_Suik (old) Icon

• LocationArizona

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:34 PM

Recently DesRat unveiled a new version of DesRat.com which includes several new enhancements for the community with a few more on the way.

What we have:
  • [glow=red,2,300]UrTWiki[/glow] - will soon be the 'Go To' source for Urban Terror Help and Know-How on everything from Level Editing to CVARs and Scripts and Movies
  • [glow=green,2,300]Urban Terror Bittorrents[/glow] - 396+ Maps are now hosted on the DesRat tracker which is exclusively for the Urban Terror Community, if you download using torrents please continue to seed for the community. Over 90 Movies will be added soon
  • Coming Soon! Mapping Teams Section - to provide the easiest most effective method for Mapping and Movie Making teams to colloborate files and generate quality maps. I can not say enough about this new project here because there is too much to describe. Stay Tuned
  • much more...

So Check it out! www.desrat.com

The UrTWiki needs help from the community in various ways, mapping tutorials, trimming out the manual, scripting tutorials, Map descriptions and info, Movie descriptions and info, Clans Info and basic to advanced Urban Terror Knowledge. The Community appreciates your help.

#2 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 04 September 2006 - 08:32 PM

Go Desrats!  Desrat has always been a mainstay source of UrT data for me, especially when I discovered that you guys had saved all those scripts from back in the day.  Nice work Zek, site is looking great keep it up. 

#3 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:27 PM

Do you also have your own server seeding the bittorrents? Or does it only depend on users? Im guessing the first :P

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:56 AM

i got ut_walljumps yesterday and worked fine.

but ok, I can't promise I'll be seeding, especially with a laptop etc.

that'd be a good job for machines on fast connections not doing other jobs..

edit: btw, isn't this thread off topic in this section?  :-o :-( :lol: :wink: :roll: :? :-)

#5 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:51 PM

It's borderline... I'll let it pass.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Zex_Suik (old) Icon

• LocationArizona

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:49 PM

Hey All Thanks for the encouragement!

Yes My computer is serving (seeding) the torrents originally, for the beta phase it has been doing alright (not too many people downloading) and yes it is best for a desktop on a fast connection to seed. If you check the wiki, I included a tutorial on how to set up utorrent to only upload/download during certain times (for those with slower connections)

Still need help with the wiki, getting it going mostly.

This is what my days look like right now

Everyday:
* I put up another section of the scripts (time: about 1 hour)
* add a chapter from the manual/ or work on the unfinished chapters (time: depends on chapter, I'm still working on 'controls and user interface' after 3 days, lotsa info)

What it really needs is mapping tutorials, and map info. I already preloaded as many Map Shots into the media folder so those are there to use.
I also loaded the list of all 396 maps that I have into the Main Maps page in the wiki, so if you get a chance, go to http://www.desrat.co...oku.php?id=maps and put some info into your maps page. It would really help

As you might or might not know, with the UrTwiki being as complete as possible, a person can feasibly search on our site and find almost all the info they need (not right now but in a month or so it should be very complete)

Thanks for the help and good words!

#7 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:38 AM

You do know the menu's are currently being reworked? :o Like the options and system menu will be having different options then they have now.

#8 User is offline   Zex_Suik (old) Icon

• LocationArizona

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:02 PM

Yes, thank you. When the new version is released then maybe we will be able to update it :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942