Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

ATI & AMD Merger Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 16 August 2006 - 07:15 AM

What do you guys think of this? I'm not sure its a good idea. I like my AMD chips, and AMD bought ATI, so I know it shouldn't change anything for their processors. Up until a year ago I was an ATI fanboy, but then I went to the dark-side because the performance of 2 7800GTX's in SLI was almost 30% faster than anything that ATI offered at the time, and it took them a good 6 months before they could compete again.

My main concern with this merger is that it might drive prices even higher. We should also expect to see AMD motherboards with ATI chipsets, instead of nVidia chipsets. What does this do for the relationship that ATI has with Intel? I doubt this is a possibility, but if Intel were to buy nVidia... that would be bad. There essentially would only be 2 providers of mainstream computer CPU's and GPU's.

Your thoughts?

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:33 PM

I like how AMD could influence ATI to make better support for Linux-drivers, maybe even open source.

#3 User is offline   Bobbelin Icon

• Account: bobbelin
  • Main tag: ]Vz[

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:58 PM

Ye, better Linux drivers.. Had lot's of problems with my ATI 9600P on Linux.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942