• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The PSG-1 Rate Topic: -----

#51 Guest_|it|VonDoosh

Posted 21 May 2004 - 08:16 PM

I was laying down on an old sleeping bag and shooting at cans and bottles. There wasn't a tripod and it was pretty hard for me just to hold it up straight since the damn thing is almost 19 pounds I think.

o damn...thats fooxing crazy...i had a benchrest, but thats cuz in to shoot i have to go to a real range...the nypd gets a little weird with ppl shooting sniper rifles in brooklyn...go figure!!!must be nice to live somewhere you can just take a gun to the country and bangbangbang all day...but i'll still take nyc...heeheehee...

#52 User is offline   Nadebait (old) Icon

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:45 PM

Lol the psg-1 is illegal in the us for civillian ownership, the import ban has been around since 1986. Even if you did have an nfa in your state it would be pretty illegal. Only big city police units use them in small numbers. It isn't a real psg1 probably just a dressed up G3 or a century rifle with a kit. What a load of bullshit lol.

Is that a real psg or a replica?

It's very real.
The airsoft ones don't have that big opening in the front where the bullets come out. I think it's a little smaller there. Sort of like a big guy with a little...

Very cool, how did you go about getting a weapon such as that?

It's not mine but belonged to the photographer who took those shots and yes he did let me fire it but I never fired anything bigger then a .22 at the time and earned myself a big purple bruise on my shoulder.

#53 Guest_swifty

Posted 22 May 2004 - 09:12 PM

uh.. if you're a qualified leo with enough cash you can get your hands on one. and it looks pretty real to me; notice the scope mount. the only thing that worries me is the trigger discipline.. :roll:

#54 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 23 May 2004 - 02:26 PM

Can't you get one in a bank for free like in that "Bowling for Columbine" movie ?

#55 Guest_fpk

Posted 23 May 2004 - 07:52 PM

PSG IS FUN. It's the 3.4 Sr8 with less damage and no reloads between shots. It's my replacement now for sniping and works well. You walk around just shooting anything that moves and it hits no matter how fast you move.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 Guest_FemFatal

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:20 PM

Lol the psg-1 is illegal in the us for civillian ownership, the import ban has been around since 1986. Even if you did have an nfa in your state it would be pretty illegal. Only big city police units use them in small numbers. It isn't a real psg1 probably just a dressed up G3 or a century rifle with a kit. What a load of sh*t lol.

From what I hear you can get anything in the US. There might be an import ban but that doesn't make owning the gun illegal. Some police departments sell their weapons in some states as long as they are not illegal weapons like full autos. There are also work arounds to import bans like limiting the mag size. A semi auto rifle isn't illegal to own in any state.

P.S.
Got this from HK-Pro

The PSG1 (Präzisionsscharfschützengewehr 1) Precision Sniper Rifle. This appears to be the standard by which other semi-automatic sniper rifles are measured. Ringing up at roughly $10,000 U.S. when they were still importable, the PSG-1 is a rifle system that if in your HK collection would rank you with the best.

So it looks to have been importable at one time. Probably when they where less expensive too.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942