Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

FPS Issues. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Kyo Mamoru (old) Icon

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:27 AM

Alright, so my friend Imp decided it was time for us to play Urban Terror. I hadn't played in awhile, and I had recently upgraded my system a full two weeks ago. I remember that back in the day (years ago) my machine was able to run URT at a pretty decent 100-130 fps. So, imagine my confusion, when my new machine can barely maintain a stable 40 fps!

Amd 64x2 4200+
2 gigs of DDR2 Ram
Geforce 7900 GT
Socket AM2 Board.

---

Now, the machine runes base Quake 3 at 600+ FPS, even spikes to 1,000+ with every detail on. It also runs Oblivion at -max- everything, without even stuttering. It eats through -everything- I throw at it, yet URT is managing to even at the lowest settings, cause it to have the most gimped FPS ever. I searched the forum, and tried to r_smp 1, and that only managed to crash Quake 3 after a few minutes of play.

So, any suggestions? Keep in mind, it can run everything else fine. =|

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:23 AM

All I can think of is disabling that 2nd core.

#3 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:15 PM

All I can think of is disabling that 2nd core.

Wont change shit unless that's AMD specific, many users still experience this "bug" with only 1 CPU ..
But if I recall right, mainly Intel CPUs but not only P4 as thought (users did report having the issue with P3 as well)
And as he mentioned, this only occurs in UrbanTerror, not baseq3 nor any mod ever played.

#4 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:25 PM

not even getting 40fps with a machine like that is a known bug? I never heard of it. :o

#5 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:57 PM

well, if it ain't a bug then q3ut3 is the most demanding app i ever ran.
running on a P4D 2.8/1gig/GF6600 here. using smp or not doesn't seem to matter at all. q3ut3 just has the worst fps.
just tried q3ut2 non-smp and get 250 steady, while in q3ut3 i limit to 125, which i don't even get steady (don't get 76 steady either)...

so yeah...i'm pretty sure that is a bug...

edit: anyway, that topic is as old as q3ut3 is...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:37 PM

I get stable 100 (limited on 100) on almost any map with a much much lesser system than his:

Amd 64x2 4200+
2 gigs of DDR2 Ram
Geforce 7900 GT
Socket AM2 Board.

I have:
Amd64 300
1GB RAM
6800LE
S754 Kt8 mobo

So, it must be specific combinations of hardware with Urt. Thats why I suggested to turn of 1 core. Not with the smp-cvar, but really disabling it in the bios or wherever it can be done.

#7 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:39 PM

had the same back then with my single core p4 2.4

am talking casa devmapped btw...

edit: well, i don't care actually. it's more than playable...am still curious though why performance dropped significantly from ut2 to ut3...

#8 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:30 PM

it just happens at random times but sometimes keep going for rounds ..
I don't have it all the time even when playing for hours straight, and sometimes it happens after 10 mins of playing. I doubt it's then realy related to hardware or it probably wouldn't happen randomly altho we can't prove that anyway.

We all know ut is a FPS eater, but being able to play at a capped 125 but have drops to 25 is not normal I believe and I bet it's just not depeding the action as I could face 6 models with grens exploding around and would not have the drops while it can also occurs when I face not even 1 model.

The comparaison to other mods was there just to mean it's most probably not PB or the system specs that cause the issue; many chances it would happen into at least 1 of those mods then.

#9 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 22 September 2006 - 04:57 PM

Soooooo? no reply again to thread regarding FPS "bug"? KInda annoying to have it happen and always have a "dead" thread.

#10 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:26 PM

Well, the topicstarter hasnt replied anymore...

And I think you kinda hi-jacked his thread with something that I think is a different issue than the topicstarter has. You are talking about drops every now and then, the starter cant even get 40fps if I understand correctly.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942