Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

so... what's bomb mode? Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_fpk

Posted 08 May 2004 - 03:12 AM

no I know what bomb mode is but... it doesn't show for the newcommers!

You guys worked so hard to find an original and fun gameplay and you ended up taking the SAME gameplay from SOF2's demolition mode or CS's bomb mode.

So what the heck are you guys doing with this mode? Make it more competitive at least. The second a team plants it, its discouraging for the other team to hear the bomb go BEPBEPBEPBPE cause they knmow they lost so all the team does is stay away from explosion to have a nice looking ratio (big deal you still suck). I donno. What if you replaced the knife with a katana sword... MIND AS WELL since you considered gay matrix moves.

#2 Guest_WheresMyPants

Posted 08 May 2004 - 03:49 AM

lol. there have been many threads about bomb mode....
i think it came down to needing a new point system, and minor mode tweaks...

#3 Guest_funlord

Posted 08 May 2004 - 04:36 AM

Bomb mod works pretty good the way it is now.

Useless to play it on public servers tho, it request teamplay and it looks like shit on pub. Nothing as good as a bomb game in war with tactics & the like :)

#4 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 08 May 2004 - 04:39 AM

it also works quite nicely on the AAZ server...

#5 User is offline   Fabian (old) Icon

Posted 08 May 2004 - 04:46 AM

some pubs just have wrong settings, i think it was poop server where i played that had a very short explode time which made it almost impossible to defuse in time

AAZ pub is good, I always have a nice game there
the only downside is that its casa 24/7, no timelimit.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Donner (old) Icon

• LocationMelbourne - Australia

Posted 08 May 2004 - 06:25 AM

I've played the Demolition mode in SOF2 at a LAN, and was kinda disappointed that there was no fantastically huge explosion. It's like an anti-climax.

And there's nothing more heart thumping than managing to defuse the bomb in the last 3 seconds. :wink:

#7 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 08 May 2004 - 06:50 AM

[quote name='"fpk"]The second a team plants it' date=' its discouraging for the other team to hear the bomb go BEPBEPBEPBPE cause they knmow they lost so all the team does is stay away from explosion to have a nice looking ratio (big deal you still suck).[/quote']

Uh, but it isn't CS or SOF2... it's Urban Terror... You're supposed to 'rush towards' it and defuse it like a hero!

Camping and hiding is supposed to be for other games, not Urban Terror ;)

Otherwise I want a Ham and Cheese sandwich to replace the knife for an item. Might as well pack a lunch if thats how pubbers wanna play... hehe

#8 User is offline   War Spaghetti (old) Icon

• LocationPennyvania

Posted 08 May 2004 - 08:57 AM

The funny thing is, I'm sure CS players wouldnt play bomb mode if they didnt have the communication capability they have integrated into the game. Or if they had a choice of team survivor over a bomb mode.

#9 User is offline   mrp (old) Icon

• Locationuk

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:05 AM

or if they didnt have a plethora of maps which all are balanced well for bomb mode

#10 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:22 AM

...or they had another game mode besides bomb which wasn't buggy and broken. Which they don't.

Also, let me just correct people on a couple of points:

1) Bomb mode comes from rainbow 6 originally, Then CS. So technically we're stealing from R6.

2) CS have since borrowed the UrT rule set - CS now stops the clock once the terrorists plant - whereas before UrT 3.0 came along the clock could run out while the bomb was in play, making "bombexplodetime" of each round pointless to plant in. You want to see people stay away from a bombsite? How about knowing theres no chance of the bomb exploding!!

3) Gay Matrix Moves? Get a life - the new move is clearly Jackie Chan inspired.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942