Urban Terror Forums: Hard drive and Raid Problem. Please help. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hard drive and Raid Problem. Please help. Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:24 PM

The point of Linux Live CD's is that you can use them on any PC without having to install it. It runs from CD-rom/RAM. That makes it perfect for rescue operations.

who asked that?

woekele, stop posting for the post count  :-D

(mehehe, one more for me!)

#12 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:32 PM

who asked that?

woekele, stop posting for the post count  :-D

(mehehe, one more for me!)

I posted it because I got the impression that Ghozt didnt know, cause of "well my Linux boot up on on a whole different box, not as a dual boot so this PC cannot read from the other's hard drive. And cant swap the drive over to this PC due to it being a raid 0 array.  I have tired a few different ntfs bootloaders/disks with no luck also.".

#13 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:58 PM

come on, he asks nowhere what a livecd is

#14 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:54 PM

come on, he asks nowhere what a livecd is

No, he doesnt. He does ask for help fixing his drives etc.. so I told him to use a live cd to see if he could do something useful from there. He then replied with what I quoted in my previous post (the thing about having Linux installed on a different box), which gave me the impression he didnt know the principle of the live cd, which is why I explained it.

Whats your problem with me man? First you come in and try to tell me NTFS writing doesnt work in Linux (which it does) and then you start telling me Im only posting for postcount (which Im not), just cause you didnt read/understand properly.

Let's drop the bitching and not take this off-topic, ghozt has a problem, which needs to be fixed.

#15 User is offline   ghozt (old) Icon

• LocationDelaware, USA

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:14 PM

well I'd love to be able to burn a linux live CD.. I almost had made one like 3 months ago Damn!
Anyways I got one HD restored By trial and error last night took only the whole night but I got the 60GB to partition out at 40GB and 20GB and Installed windows, but it will Blue Screen if i boot up with my Raid 0 slaved.. So off to the pc store for some new IDE ribbons.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:33 PM

oops, pulled your leg more than i should  :-D

#17 User is offline   FragginNewby (old) Icon

• LocationKilladelphia, PA

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:29 PM

well I'd love to be able to burn a linux live CD.. I almost had made one like 3 months ago Damn!

Dude, I got liveCDs coming out my arse, PM address, I'll send a few different versions... I just used Knoppix to fix a HD at work that was failing on me.

BTW, how's the little poltergeist doing? :-D

#18 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:22 AM

oops, pulled your leg more than i should  :-D

:P ffs, pissing of people is MY job ;)

#19 User is offline   ghozt (old) Icon

• LocationDelaware, USA

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:30 AM

well I finally got the oher drives to hold partitions so I installed windows xp to one and then booted up with a regular ide install and the raid 0 slaved. Then I put the xp cd in and booted up the recovery console and it listed the 2 installs but I can oly access the one fresh install systemroot correctly the raid 0 systemroot when I choose it, I type dir and it says directory stucture is unreadable or something of that nature.  So Im ready to just give up and Raid 0+1 and install windows liek I should have done in the 1st place unless anyone still thinks the data on the raid 0 is saveable.

I really appreciate those of you staying on the subject and trying to help out.

#20 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:45 PM

Would the checkdisk /r command fix the unreadable directory structure? It could also actually make it worse prolly, kinda risky.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942