Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Error: Server is for low pings only Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sliticus (old) Icon

• LocationDenton, TX

Posted 10 May 2004 - 12:28 AM

I've been gettin this error a lot lately. It would make sense to me, but my ping is almost always between 10-30, with the highest being around 50. Sometimes it will take me a few tries to connect, and when I do, my ping is 12 or something. Doesnt make any sense. No big deal, just getting a little annoying. Anybody else had this?

#2 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 10 May 2004 - 12:30 AM

I get that problem alot with ET. A /reconnect always allows me to join. It seems that if you get machine lag when connecting the server thinks you're high ping.

#3 Guest_OziOn

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:46 PM

I always get that when i connect to the Ann clan's CTF server, and its full. First it says that the server is full, then it says it's for low pings only. But if i reconnect when there's an open spot, everything is fine :)

#4 Guest_Killah Philah

Posted 10 May 2004 - 07:13 PM

I also see this message on servers that I know I have a low ping to. Usually it is only displayed once, then it flashes the Server Is Full message, and upon reconnect, if the server if not full, I have no problem getting in.

Just hit the ~ key, then type in /reconnect

:)

#5 User is offline   autoaim.cfg (old) Icon

Posted 10 May 2004 - 07:28 PM

I always get that

Nag Qadn to relax the maxping cutoff when he gets back... :P
When I was still using the in-game browser I always got it too...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:33 AM

qadn is back already ;)

#7 Guest_Mr.StaggerLee*ReIIiK

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:44 AM

dont worry about that message, everyone gets it on certain servers. seems all servers do this these days...its a BS message, it just means that the server is full and there is no open slots. It wont let you connect if a slot opens on the "server is for low pings only" message either so just bind a key to /reconnect and press it until you get the awaiting gamestate message.

i believe its a way for servers to root out ppl who are trying to connect who dunno wtf they are doing and assume that they have a high ping, so they stop trying to reconnect...saves some server latency if less people are "awating challenge" i believe.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942