• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Download speed prb. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   b00tc4mp (old) Icon

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:58 AM

hey guyz i have an issue wid my d/l speed k this is wht i have to say

when i d/l anything from the internet/websites the d/l speed is at 15-12 KB/Sec and i use Mozilla Firefox. And its the same thing with Internet Explorer

it use to be 200-150 KB/Sec on my internet Explorer and Mozilla Fiefox for years.

it changed all of a sudden

imma confused? :/

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:30 AM

Some random things you can try. You didnt give much info, so I'll just spam whatever comes to my mind.

Check your PC for virusses/spyware. Check theres no other programs (maybe on other PC's on your connection?) are using the bandwith. Maybe they are all getting a windows update or something :) Or are running bittorrent or kazaa or whatever sharing program. If you have wireless, someone might have gotten access to it and might be using it. If not, then try rebooting modem/router and/or resetting it and reinstalling it. Try with a Linux-live-cd to see if it's softwareproblem or a problem with the connection itself.

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:56 PM

it's the isp 99%.

i hate mine, you get full speed and great pings for a month and then you get all the crap when you can't cancel the contract for a few months more  :x

#4 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 24 November 2006 - 01:40 PM

Ye right, like they have some technical people in their company whos job is to crap out peoples connection when their contract almost ends.

Saying its 99% your ISP when you havent tried of checked anything yet is stupid.

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:21 PM

why not :-D

hehe, i didn't mean they necessarily do it on purpose, i meant probably the sudden lag while the connection was fine for a long time, comes from isp side.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Zex_Suik (old) Icon

• LocationArizona

Posted 02 December 2006 - 05:15 AM

Some random things you can try. You didnt give much info, so I'll just spam whatever comes to my mind.

Check your PC for virusses/spyware. Check theres no other programs (maybe on other PC's on your connection?) are using the bandwith. Maybe they are all getting a windows update or something :) Or are running bittorrent or kazaa or whatever sharing program. If you have wireless, someone might have gotten access to it and might be using it. If not, then try rebooting modem/router and/or resetting it and reinstalling it. Try with a Linux-live-cd to see if it's softwareproblem or a problem with the connection itself.

Yeah great points, also if you don't know how to do all that jsut reinstall windows and don't allow updates, get a good firewall and virus scanner, etc. Protect yourself all over.

That is the beauty of PC's versus the human body, you can reinstall on the PC but if you reinstall yourself you get looked at funny

#7 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 02 December 2006 - 02:59 PM

Not updating windows is not something I'd recommend. Virusscanners and firewalls wont help that much if theres just a security-error in the way explorer will handle a certain file for example, unless your virusscanner would catch that file before explorer would handle it, but thats just taking too much risk imho. There's prolly a 1000 more examples why you shouldn't leave windows un-updated.

#8 User is offline   Zex_Suik (old) Icon

• LocationArizona

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:39 PM

sorry bout that, left something out

After not updating windows automatically, see if you have the same problem.

THEN incrementally update windows and keep checking the problem until it reappears.

IF you finally become fully updated, then it isn't windows but some other program you had previously installed.

DO the same steps with your USED programs (one's you use) etc.

YES it sucks and is a slow process, but it is a last straw troubleshooting

#9 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:11 PM

Ah, that makes sense :)

#10 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:43 PM

200 kb/s is still low. :wink:
10mbit ftw. :-D

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942