Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Lag on my computer, OS X or UrT? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sperr (old) Icon

Posted 11 May 2004 - 11:33 PM

Since a while i've been having annoying lag, on all servers, its like that big lag when u suddenly are way across the map u know, but in tiny steps regularly, and in lagometer i see green dots disappear every know and then, as if ping were zero [but it aint] i guess i have to reinstall Q3? im worried about my OS X partition too, hasnt been defragged since i installed 10.2.... long ago, think i hear to much HD activity... any thoughts?

/SperrFeuer

#2 User is offline   fragomatic Icon

• Account: fragomatic

Posted 12 May 2004 - 01:40 AM

Since a while i've been having annoying lag' date=' on all servers, its like that big lag when u suddenly are way across the map u know, but in tiny steps regularly, and in lagometer i see green dots disappear every know and then, as if ping were zero [but it aint'] i guess i have to reinstall Q3? im worried about my OS X partition too, hasnt been defragged since i installed 10.2.... long ago, think i hear to much HD activity... any thoughts?

PowerMac G4 733 MHz
640 Mb ram, geforce2mx I NEED A NEW CARD but pay 400 euro for a radeon 9800 when its like 220 euro for pc's... NO WAY! Is the geforce4mx better???

/SperrFeuer

-Your having connection spikes not frame drops,correct?. do you have this lag when you run in server mode?.

-It might be best to defrag your HDD, run permissions fix and FSCK.Then install Panther....its worth it.

-GET MORE RAM, at least double what you have.

-OWC has a 1.42 Ghz cpu upgrade for your machine that doesnt require any patch software. that would solve ALMOST any speed issues your having. its about the price of a new graphics card.

As for the graphics card, that geforce2 is barely enough for UT anymore.
especially with a 733 G4. My dad has that exact same machine with a geforce4 Ti and 768 Mb of ram. Ive tweaked the crap out of it and it still struggles in a lot of frame eating maps and heavy fighting. The 9600 Pro
is a great card, i have on in this machine. The 9800 Pro is way to much $$$ when all your really getting is 8-10 fps more than the 9600 and anti-aliasing.

#3 User is offline   HornetOSX (old) Icon

• LocationDenver CO Home of the Av's

Posted 12 May 2004 - 12:19 PM

Frag is right here Thats all I need to say

secondly just to FYI you the geforce4mx is NO faster then your current geforce2 the only difference would be the ram . go with a raedeon or a geforce3 or geforce4ti the 4MX is a waste of time.

#4 User is offline   Sperr (old) Icon

Posted 12 May 2004 - 02:10 PM

Hi, thanks for Your answer!

oh yes i have panther.. just havent done anything 'bout the fragmenatation since 10.2... :-) laaaazy

About framedrops, i'm not sure, ofcourse with my computer i get "fps-lag" with alot of action going on but i've lerned to live with that :-).
I don't see "spikes" in the lagometer, no. this lag occurs when onine in multiplayer, it's so wierd, i can stand in a quiet part of the map, with "high" fps: 60 (ok, high for me atlest...) , slightly tap "sidestep" repetitve, and every third, fourth tap, will "bounce back" so that i havent actually moved at all... (hm, did that make any sense?)

And I, who thought i had lots of ram... :´-(

Ok, 9600 was only BTO right? impossible to get hold of, searched like crazy for used cards, i can get a Radeon 9000 64 Mb card, that's better than my geforce2mx, yes?

#5 User is offline   BongosNaked (old) Icon

• Location\connect mulchers.dontexist.org

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:14 PM

[quote name='"Sperr"]...it's so wierd' date=' i can stand in a quiet part of the map, with "high" fps: 60 (ok, high for me atlest...) , slightly tap "sidestep" repetitve, and every third, fourth tap, will "bounce back" so that i havent actually moved at all... (hm, did that make any sense?)[/quote']
Perfect sense. This happens to me exactly the way you describe it, usually when I am on a server with antiwarp turned on.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   striss (old) Icon

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:54 PM

This has started happening to me lately as well. Probably since 3.4 but I'm not completly sure. It used to work fine for me all the time, but I can't even play anymore because every server is way too laggy now.

I get that exact same "bounce-back" effect you're talking about, on every single server I play on now. Nothing has changed on my Mac besides the versions of Urban Terror.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942