• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Many bad maps Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Dragonne Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: dragonne

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:10 PM

I have to say this... I made the original Proving Grounds in 4 hours one evening when my internet died. I told everyone it's small, not very complex, completely boring to look at, and probably lame after the first 3 games on it.

It became one of the most popular, most balanced maps in UrT... has gone through several updates, and is even getting attention to be released for ut4 (which I approve of completely if they can keep the FPS up with the new look).

Never say your maps are bad... just say they "need work... maybe a lot of it."  :-D

#22 User is offline   bierla Icon

• Account: bierla

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:38 AM

why not use free textures ??

well there are maybe not perfect to copy an other map but ehh they are free and better then nothing  :wink:

#23 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:22 AM

I have to say this... I made the original Proving Grounds in 4 hours one evening when my internet died. I told everyone it's small, not very complex, completely boring to look at, and probably lame after the first 3 games on it.

It became one of the most popular, most balanced maps in UrT... has gone through several updates, and is even getting attention to be released for ut4 (which I approve of completely if they can keep the FPS up with the new look).

Never say your maps are bad... just say they "need work... maybe a lot of it."  :-D

And to this day, it was my favorite CTF map of the countless others out there :(

#24 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:39 AM

I have to say this... I made the original Proving Grounds in 4 hours one evening when my internet died.

it shows!

:-D :mrgreen:

uhm, well, ctf depends a lot on symmetry and what best than a mirrored map. it's de facto balanced. maybe not the most interesting maps but some unbalanced ones really mess up a nice mapcycle of balanced ones.

#25 User is offline   Shadowdragon Icon

• Account: shadowdragon

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:29 PM

Well alot of maps for 4.0 are being in the works
Try getting mine out asap and working on more ideas
But for ppl that cant map
Give ideas out to other mappers maybe they can help u out and even get ur name in the credits
try irc.enterthegame.com #urbanmappers and talk to them

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942