• You cannot reply to this topic

Map size for Team Survivor. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 04 May 2004 - 05:57 AM

Ok, here's one for you folks:

What in your opinion is a good map size for Team Survivor? I've heard plenty of people say "this map is too big" or "that map is too small"..

Reason I ask this is this:

I've seen plenty of debates on this in irc, and some people with say different things about THE SAME MAP, one of the reasons why I'm not naming mapnames here, it's more to see what the community's opinion on this is in general, rather than a "whats wrong with (insert map here)" question, which would kinda negate the point of asking, as i'm not asking this for any map that currently exists anyways...

#2 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 04 May 2004 - 06:02 AM

ut_uptown ut_casa ut_ricochet...etc. Medium sized maps are best. They allow fast and smooth gameplay. Don't offer to many spots to camp thou, it just get's real dull if someone hides and stays there untill theres one guy left and pops out and blasts his head off with his spas.

#3 User is offline   Dark Devil (old) Icon

• LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:29 PM

ut_uptown ut_casa ut_ricochet...etc. Medium sized maps are best. They allow fast and smooth gameplay.

I totally agree with that. Medium maps work well with TS.

#4 User is offline   mrp (old) Icon

• Locationuk

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:02 PM

on the other hand turnpike shows you that a small map with clever layout will also be appreciated by the ts community ... large maps tend to lend towards alot of waiting while 2 players left circle each other till the draw finally happens ;x decent maps let u see a significant amount so u dont have to move a great deal to find possible enemy positions...

take casa for instance .. fountain is a large area which u can easily survey but still offers good protection and vis blocking ... turnpike is similar.

smt u prolly have to keep in mind when planning ur map layouts

#5 User is offline   samalander (old) Icon

• LocationNew York

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:05 PM

I think the flow of the map is more important than the size of the map

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:59 AM

Well if you hava a huge map with good flow your still gonna be traveling around trying to find the other guy forever.

#7 User is offline   samalander (old) Icon

• LocationNew York

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:18 AM

Well if you hava a huge map with good flow your still gonna be traveling around trying to find the other guy forever.

You have that problem just as much on small maps. I've seen people run around for 50 seconds or a minute trying to find each other on Turnpike and Casa. The problem is called 'Team Survivor.'

#8 Guest_Killah Philah

Posted 06 May 2004 - 11:07 PM

The smaller the map the better for TS. Nothing more boring than waiting for those last 2 crouching players to find each other on a map like ut_eagle. Small maps all the way!

#9 User is offline   Insane_Penquin (old) Icon

• Locationwaco, tx

Posted 07 May 2004 - 05:15 PM

i think most of the maps are the right size for 4v4 or higher but they are way to big for 3v3 and 2v2

#10 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 15 May 2004 - 04:59 AM

thank you.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942