• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

New Boots Thread

#21 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:24 PM

As SID has said before, we will accept constuctive critism on our mod. But for individuals to sit here and outright bitch and complain about the decisions without any examples or support, well we won't stand for it. IT is very counterproductive, but those are the same individuals who "expect" something from SID. Not to mention their credibility is shot. Oh well.

#22 Guest_FSK405 Driggs

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:28 PM

Ok Oz. Sorry about the post regarding your grouchiness earlier. I see why now.

-FSK405 Driggs

#23 User is offline   brolly (old) Icon

Posted 16 May 2004 - 07:05 PM

[quote name='"rashly"]Well' date=' what about the patch after that, considering the next patch is only a few hours away?[/quote']

Sorry, prolly not gonna happen. The boot is a weapon and should be treated as such. Do you think it would be ok if I got to spam you with spas and LR at the SAME time?

Im still waiting for a valid argument on why 3.4 boots are better than the 3.5 ones. Cause for every valid argument I bet the same can be done with the 3.5 version.

#24 User is offline   rashly (old) Icon

• Locationlong island

Posted 16 May 2004 - 07:23 PM

spas and lr at the same time is a horrible comparison to boot + lr. if you get booted more than once in a fight then your problem is that you cant kill someone.

valid argument: i'm reloading and instead of just sitting there for my reload animation i can boot someone away from me. i dont have to switch to my knife to kill someone or push them away and interupt my reload. in a close firefight i could kick someone away (or off a ledge) and gain an advantage in the fight.

let's just take away the ak also. the reasons for keeping that are just as valid as keeping the boot.

if it was up to brolly, all guns would be semi-auto or burst, there would be no vest and no helmet. ;)

#25 User is offline   brolly (old) Icon

Posted 16 May 2004 - 07:59 PM

Hopping up and down while trying to reload is a valid argument? Feable attempt. When you reload you are SUPPOSED to be vulnerable. Why not switch weapons while hopping up and down like a tard instead of reloading? Why not run around a corner and then reload?

For the record, if it was up to me Id remove burst and semi-auto from all guns and introduce more recoil.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   FragginNewby (old) Icon

• LocationKilladelphia, PA

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:10 PM

You know, diaper companies should advertise here... with all these babies, they'd make a killing selling diapers.

#27 Guest_SUPERCRUSH

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:17 PM

Just to keep things in perspective.....the only thing i suggested was to keep the boots on while holding a sidearm or grenade......I personally find the game to be more fun that way....and that's all I gots to say about that.

Thanx for the great game SID!

Urban Terror Kickass!!

#28 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:16 PM

Being able to boot teammates is a good enough tradeoff for combining boot and knife for me.

#29 Guest_Da3dalus

Posted 17 May 2004 - 01:24 AM

[quote name='"Fraggin'Newby"]Booting needed to be curbed' date=' now it is.[/quote']
No, it didn't. The boot wasn't a primary weapon that was vastly superior to any other. You couldn't spam out boot hits as if it was an mp5.

In close combat (unless you're a very slow mover, you will get into those situations), it was good to be able to kick away the enemy and get some distance between us. Requiring to switch to the knife and back for one small boot kick is too slow for those situations.

Changing so the boot requires more aim, that was a good change.
Changing so the boot can only be used together with the knife, that was a bad change.

#30 Guest_soldier_bob

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:53 AM

I dont profess to know anything about the boots cause the last time I used them was 1.0. So I guess I will just stay away from commenting about them. Though I do remember they were one of the most fun features of the old 1.0.

Since we are on the topic of melee.

Why dont we allow guns to be used as clubs? I mean in a real war situation snipers in close combat will take the butt of a rifle and smash a guys face in before expending his limited resource of bullets right?

-S bob
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Have you said hello to my little friend!?" -scar face

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942