• +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

New Boots Thread

#81 User is offline   Shiza Icon

• Account: shiza

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:56 PM

There is an obvious difference between hopping and jumping.

hopping borks hit detection and is done in a desparate attempt to get LUCKY and not die.

#82 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:02 PM

Hopping does NOT f00k up hit detection. Thank you.

#83 Guest_Da3dalus

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:08 PM

Aarsbuds0r and un shiza, do not go and make this about the bloody hit detection. It was not what I was talking about. It is a well-known fact that aiming at something that is still is easier than aiming at something that is moving rapidly and bouncing up and down, that is what my post was referring to.

Now stfu about the hit detection already.

#84 User is offline   Shiza Icon

• Account: shiza

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:46 AM

It is a well-known fact that aiming at something that is still is easier than aiming at something that is moving rapidly and bouncing up and down, that is what my post was referring to.

"aiming" isn't the issue. The issue is that when shooting dead on at a jackass player who is "bouncing up and down" (aka bunny hopping) the hit detection goes haywire.

#85 User is offline   rashly (old) Icon

• Locationlong island

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:01 AM

It is a well-known fact that aiming at something that is still is easier than aiming at something that is moving rapidly and bouncing up and down, that is what my post was referring to.

"aiming" isn't the issue. The issue is that when shooting dead on at a jackass player who is "bouncing up and down" (aka bunny hopping) the hit detection goes haywire.

so clearly the solution to that is to take boots out :?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#86 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:37 AM

Its not even true what hes saying.

#87 User is offline   rashly (old) Icon

• Locationlong island

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:24 AM

i know, just playing with him ;). maybe he is thinking of the old jump-croutch problem. nevertheless, he is wrong.

#88 User is offline   SiR (old) Icon

• LocationManchester UK

Posted 20 May 2004 - 04:53 PM

Boots were a 69er's only defence during that long reload... Oh the fun i used to have firing HK96 nades behind peeps, booting them backwards onto them and then watching them bandage, totally unaware of what they were stood on :twisted:

#89 User is offline   rashly (old) Icon

• Locationlong island

Posted 20 May 2004 - 06:52 PM

sir, please change your avatar and make your sig size smaller. thanks.

#90 Guest_FSK405 Driggs

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:54 PM

I posted a while back against the boot power up in the early 3.x version of UrT. I am all for the new change. I would also be for allowing boot with the pistol drawn-but that would be it. I loved the old days where you would raise your fists to the sky and laugh when you got a boot kill. It was so rare and so hard to do even if the other player was sitting still! Thats is what was nice about it. GG SID!! I love the boot now. I have no prob switching to the knife at close combat. It makes the other player freak. I am also able to get knife kills again. The knife was useless agains the boot in earlier versions!

-FSK405 Driggs

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942