Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Trying to install gf4 in other pc. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   a-F (old) Icon

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:20 AM

Okay, I posted this at two other tech forums and haven't figured it out. Hopefully someone here can be the hero.

I'm trying to install my old gf4 ti 4600 on my girlfriends DELL Dimension 8300. But, I can't get the pc to boot -- screen is black. I know the card works because I just tested it in my system without a problem. The dell works fine with a geforce fx 5200 that I have, but not with this one. Any ideas why the gf4 won't work ? The dell only has a 250W psu, so I tried a 400W psu -- NO SUCH LUCK. I updated the bios and all too, I'm going crazy.  Any idea? Thanks!

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 15 April 2007 - 05:03 PM

If it has an onboard card already check for any bios settings that may disable it or confuse the system. Also check if it's fitted well, sometimes it's in but not quite.

#3 User is offline   a-F (old) Icon

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:48 PM

Doesn't have one and I've reinserted it dozen of times.

#4 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:35 AM

Define your idea of "not booting" and "screen is black"... does the pc make speaker beeps, does the screen power up or just remain in standby, do you notice the hard drive activity that indicates loading windows, do you get the ram counter, did you try another screen ? I've seen all of these things happen over the last 20 years so while they might seem like silly details, they are very important.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942