• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Buggy SR8?

#1 User is offline   TrueScope (old) Icon

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:42 PM

Yo its me again.
Just got a lot of questions cause ive been on this game 14+ hours a day. Lots and lots of buggy details. Did this version ever go beta since u changed a lot of things??
Anyways, before i thought it was just me hitting the fire button. After the 10th time its happend then i say no its the game.

This usually happens when ive stopped, fire the sr8, the gun reloads. While reload sfx runs.(u see the gun reloading)I move to try avoiding an enemy close up.(crouch walk, jump run)Anything to move away from the enemy. All while still reloading. Too close for the sr8, i quickly switch to secondary. Do i get secondary no. Sr8 is scared shizless and voids its bouls of all shells first. What the hell is going on??? All the other weaps if i hit reload too soon(18 of 30 bullets left) and switch weaps it will switch and not reload. But if sr8 is in middle of reload effects and u switch, Bang, reload, bang. Even if i go finger crazy on the secondary weapon bind. Still gets those last shells out.

I can honestly say Ive spent a good 3 days on SR8/Mp5k. For me Atleast 30 hours. Serious practice. Same conclusion every time. Anyone else get the same problems.

#2 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:49 PM

I've noticed that too but I feel as if that was on purpose in order to put more pressure on snipers. I could be totally wrong though, a guess really.

#3 User is offline   TrueScope (old) Icon

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:04 PM

I've noticed that too but I feel as if that was on purpose in order to put more pressure on snipers. I could be totally wrong though, a guess really.

Wha?? That made no sense. Sorry to be so blunt. Why would they make a buggy gun to balance out for non-snipers? Wouldnt the 3 shell magazine, Single shot then reload. All of the urber primary autos. That not enough? Why would they need to make the gun fire all the shells in the heat of battle??? Sorry just want a gun/game that can keep up with me. Cant stand losing a fun thing like sniping cause of buggy code... I think urban terror mod should of been ID softwares project. Fun idea, below my par dev team. INHO.

#4 User is offline   NewJack (old) Icon

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:08 PM

true, how long have you been playing urt?

#5 User is offline   Naked Assassin (old) Icon

• LocationScotland

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:13 PM

Wha?? That made no sense. Sorry to be so blunt. Why would they make a buggy gun to balance out for non-snipers? Wouldnt the 3 shell magazine, Single shot then reload. All of the urber primary autos. That not enough? Why would they need to make the gun fire all the shells in the heat of battle??? Sorry just want a gun/game that can keep up with me. Cant stand losing a fun thing like sniping cause of buggy code... I think urban terror mod should of been ID softwares project. Fun idea, below my par dev team. INHO.

Firstly it's "SHOULD HAVE", not "SHOULD OF". You SHOULD HAVE paid more attention in English class.

Secondly, ID software make original games. SID, now FS, made Urban Terror. It was their idea and nobody elses. Why should ID make the project? Anyway IIRC ID are well aware of the success of Urban Terror throughout the years and have given the kudos where it is deserved.

Also, SID/FS members have spent literally thousands of hours of their own free time over the years to create this game and develop it as much as they have through the years, and to interact with the community on an almost unparalelled level to any other FPS gaming community. If you think that's below par, you've got serious problems.

Urban Terror clearly is above par for you or you wouldn't be spending 14 hours a day on it. BTW, that's not healthy and you should consider getting a life or some education or a girlfriend or something.

And finally, it's the first release of this part of the dev cycle. There are always going to be little bugs. These will be ironed out over time. If you can't come here and be constructive (like post your bug you found in the bug reporting thread - hint hint) it's usually the best policy to keep your trap shut.  Either that or go and set up your own dev team and come up with something better on the Q3 engine, or disappear back to whichever completely bug free generic retail FPS it is you came from. Thank you and goodnight.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   StrayCat (old) Icon

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:21 PM

Lmao.. Naked... lmao 

I'm not sure what you're experiencing True scope because my Sr8 only fires when I fire it.  Maybe a short demo would help make your point.  However, reporting a bug and then trashing the dev team in the same post was borderline ignorant, you may have a viable claim here. Upon your discription though I couldn't tell exactly what your problem was through your bashing of the game and the dev team throughout it.  So how about a demo or a better discription of the bug without all the hatorade. Thx.

P.s. There is a mouse bug in the game that makes your gun keep firing and crouch get all buggy, maybe you're experiencing this?  If so the way to fix it in game is to drop the console and type /in_mouse -1  then do a /in_restart.  Test this out to rule out any mouse buggery.

#7 User is offline   NewJack (old) Icon

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:22 PM

LOL i love you nakid, its also funny how he is complaining about all these things, come to find out he is using the leaked non-finshed version....then comes here to complain its not finished....thats a true rofl..

#8 User is offline   Naked Assassin (old) Icon

• LocationScotland

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:23 PM

Using the bug ridden leak from pre-4.0 release. I might have known....  Deserves all the spywa.... i mean bugs he gets.

#9 User is offline   StrayCat (old) Icon

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:28 PM

???  :?  did I miss something?  Where did he say he was using the leaked version?  Not defending cuz if he is then he's not borderline ignorant he is ignorant... but where did he say he was using the leaked version?

#10 User is offline   TrueScope (old) Icon

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:34 PM

No I downloaded my version of 4.0 off this site actually. Guess u nerds cant recognize sarcasm. And thanks Mrs. Beaty(3rd grade english teacher) for the grammar correction. Old lady. Ya I looked thru the bug report thread looks like the dev team talking to themselves. I did put it in the 4.0 discussion thread. Where people who play for fun can read it. Where i see everyone elses opinions. Oh, and didnt i fininsh my topic with IMHO?????? Know what that means? If u dont want to read what im thinking about then move on to something else. Get the fluff off my back. And im actually not worried about the SR8 anymore. Ive seen the bugs. I guess im venting so much cause this is game isnt worth my time anymore. Back to cpma gladly. Oh, and good luck keeping the game alive when quake wars comes out. L8r.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942