• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 3.6 released Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 16 May 2004 - 07:01 PM

With a nasty exploit in 3.5, SID has just updated again to 3.6. Both clients and servers must have this patch to play. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   autoaim.cfg (old) Icon

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:54 PM

I hope you dont mind if I dont install the 3.6 until the last 3.5 server goes offline? I'm having a hell of a laugh running around with 50 hks in the barrell spamming the living candy out of the place. Oh dear... this was so much fun! Bug or no bug, the 3.5 is teh WIN!

Oh damn, we got the next war scheduled for tuesday. I guess I got another day of mindless nadespamming fun until I need to get the 3.6 in then.

/me giggles hysterically! :P :P :P

#3 User is offline   X8 (old) Icon

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:19 PM

<3 for SID

just a small question... but how did QA team not catch this bug?

#4 User is offline   Kennypumpa (old) Icon

• LocationNorrkoping, Sweden

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:29 PM

The zQ3UT36.pk3 is easy moved =)

#5 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:06 PM

Thx for the quick fix.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_Psyche911

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:23 PM

<3 for SID

They probably didn't try the method of loading it. I wouldn't have. People get a game and try everything they can to break it, and make it do what it's not supposed to. You can't possibly hope a small beta team to catch them all.

#7 User is offline   Mav (old) Icon

• LocationGreenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:00 PM

<3 for SID

They probably didn't try the method of loading it. I wouldn't have. People get a game and try everything they can to break it, and make it do what it's not supposed to. You can't possibly hope a small beta team to catch them all.

Here I will correct you. There is a small QA team who attempt to find every possible flaw in the game, check on gameplay of maps, and exploits in maps, and numerous other things, all before it is released to the BETA testers. Thats right a community of over 1000 beta testers, hence the beta 3.6 you read. Flaws were found with these 1000 beta testers and corrected. QA is focused on many aspects of the game, playing is one of them, but not everything. Once n the community hands, then the fun begins.

Remember there has never been a version 1 of q3ut. It always been beta.

#8 Guest_Majic.

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:13 PM

nah mav that's weak bro and you know it :)

QA f*cked up plain and simple.
It's our bad for not bug checking extensively enough.

There is a hell of a lot of bugs we did find and squash (sub/swaps pauses etc now work 100 percent now etc) but 1 critical bug out of a zillion is pretty good going I think.

#9 User is offline   Mav (old) Icon

• LocationGreenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:17 PM

Well sorta my point, there are many bugs that the community doesn't know off, that were sqaushed. 1 bug, mind you rather serious got thru. I'd never expect everyone to be found. I know of two that are present in 3.6 that have not yet been posted about. I only know of about 4 QA members that know of them also.

#10 Guest_Psyche911

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:29 PM

[quote name='"Mav"]Well sorta my point' date=' there are many bugs that the community doesn't know off, that were sqaushed. 1 bug, mind you rather serious got thru. I'd never expect everyone to be found. I know of two that are present in 3.6 that have not yet been posted about. I only know of about 4 QA members that know of them also.[/quote']

Christ, you know what I meant. By beta I meant QA. Other than that minor misnomer, you just said exactly what I did. :P

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942