• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

State of the European Clan Scene Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:34 AM

This was intended as a reply to the following post from this(link) thread, but I figured that it would be too much off-topic in that thread.

The end of p@cK post is sad but true if there not gonna be competitive drived gaming at UrT there not gonna be UrT and I think it's not the useless guid system in battleye fault but the fault of the ppl which are responsible for the leagues. If warsow can be play ed in leagues without valid guids (it has same battleye system on both Linux and Windows) new ioUrT can also. I think ppl need to give a chance to the community to grow and give it a possibilities to do so. So when I hear that Clanbase requires a working guid system it's like lighting up a fire within me. Only then game will live and we all can get some fun.

Right now it's really an awkard situation, since the cup has already started anyway and those who came (back) with 4.0 don't really have anything to play yet. I don't know how many new players are considering to play UrT competitively, but we will never know if we don't provide them a league to play in. It would be great if ClanBase could already open up a ladder to ioUrbanTerror. For example the bomb mode ladder, which is apparently inactice anyway.

Also, maybe we should organise a few one-day cups targeted specifically at new teams. The question is, do such teams exist already and how can we reach them? If anyone here is a member of a new team or a team with new players, please speak up. I know that our team (p5) has one member who plays the game since a few weeks now.

I really want to get the Urban Terror clan scene going again and I intend to help every way I can. I'm already working on a European community site for this purpose. Currently there is only ClanBase and the various regional sites, which isn't sufficient for proper inter-European communication in my opinion.

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:45 PM

Well, I'm still hoping to get the guids for BattlEye in 4.1, which shouldn't be too long from now. And that's what I told the leagues too. So they are probably waiting for that.

#3 User is offline   xfact0r Icon

• Account: xfact0r
  • Main tag: p4*

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:03 PM

(...) which shouldn't be too long from now (...)

Can you please be more specific? :lol:

#4 User is offline   Phantomas71 Icon

• Account: phantomas71

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:05 PM

A patient 'when it's done' i suppose  :mrgreen:

UrT 4.0 is great, so a bit of time for this important support will worth the wait.

#5 User is offline   Riotta (old) Icon

• LocationPoland

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:05 PM

Well, I'm still hoping to get the guids for BattlEye in 4.1, which shouldn't be too long from now. And that's what I told the leagues too. So they are probably waiting for that.

I'm glad to see some valuable information here :).

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:37 PM

So, does anyone know new players who are at least considering to play UrT competitively? I'm thinking that such a cup would be ideal to let interested players try it out in temporary or even mixed teams.

#7 User is offline   Kendle Icon

•   verified user   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: kendle

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:46 PM

So, does anyone know new players who are at least considering to play UrT competitively?

Me!

But tbh I'm from the UK and have no idea where the UK scene is, or even if there is one, or whether it's even viable for me to consider playing clanned. I do alright on pubs, but I've been around long enough to know that means nothing, and tbh I'm only really interested in CTF, I've no interest in any "death-match" mode.

FWIW I'm an Admin on a UK based gaming site called www.gamersnation.co.uk (actually I'm a co-founder and I host the site). We could provide webspace / forums / downloads / etc. if anyone wanted to get a Cup organised, we even have competition management software installed to run such events if required.

#8 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:11 PM

Kendle, I only just realised that you must be the one from xfire.be. :) Good to see you here.

I think $ (RoughRyders) are pretty much a UK clan and have been around like forever. Not sure how much more there are. I thought there was a UK community site, but the results of my Google search for "urban terror uk" have been slightly disturbing.

CTF is the less popular variation in Europe so it might be be even more difficult to get this going. And to be honest, while UrT CTF is fun, I'd rather play ET again than CTF in UrT.

You say you don't want deathmatch, but what's your opinion about the bomb mode? It really sucks that it isn't played on publics, but it's currently the mode being played competitively in the ClanBase cup and generally many old TS clans seem to prefer bomb mode by now. I'm fairly confident that it will stick around this time for competitive play. Actually, if it doesn't then I won't stick around either.

#9 User is offline   Kendle Icon

•   verified user   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: kendle

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:52 PM

Kendle, I only just realised that you must be the one from xfire.be. :) Good to see you here.

Yep, ex-ET and RTCW player (tho currently playing DOD:S clanned)

CTF is the less popular variation in Europe

So it seems :(

but what's your opinion about the bomb mode?

I'd be playing CS if I wanted to play bomb mode, personally, tho I'm sure someone will tell me it's completely different in UrT.

It really sucks that it isn't played on publics, but it's currently the mode being played competitively in the ClanBase cup and generally many old TS clans seem to prefer bomb mode by now.

That more than anything is why I can't see myself playing UrT clanned, I just don't do campy "tactical" shooters, I'm a run 'n' gun man myself.

#10 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:57 PM

Bomb mode/TS in UrT is not really campy or tactical. Well, TS can be campy if one team feels so inclined (which is why I don't like it) and there can be some tactical waiting in bomb mode (say, the bomb was dropped and you are guarding it), but most of the time it's pretty wild and fast paced. Less so than CTF, but much more so than CS or any other shooter of that kind (that I know of). I could send you a demo from one of our practice matches if you want prove (although we still suck big time :)).

Of course the fact that you have to sit out the round after being killed just isn't everyone's cup of tea. But once used to it, it can make for very exciting and enjoyable gameplay. This is what addicted me to UrT and this is what made me go back to it after all those years.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942