• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Whats the point of the PSG1?

#51 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:15 PM

but you have to agree psg1 is for noobs too.

#52 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:42 PM

I've been playing since day 1 and i've never been able to have a good time with the psg1. Everytime i switch to it I just get mad because I mise as well use a silenced beretta or a lasered DE since there both much better at sniping then the psg1. The psg1 as it is, is worthless, always has been. The guns a joke.

#53 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist
  • Locationseahorse seahell

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:59 PM

in realism, the sr8 would have the damage of the psg1 and the psg1 have the damage of 80% of its normal damage.

I mean, come on! ONE SHOT KILL SR8S??? you dont DIE instantly on impact with one of those in real life.

#54 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:08 PM

let's not go to what happens in real life because good luck surviving any of those guns on headshot.

#55 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:10 PM

yeah and you don't always die in urbanterror from the sr8

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   AKKODIAK (old) Icon

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:05 PM

in realism, the sr8 would have the damage of the psg1 and the psg1 have the damage of 80% of its normal damage.

I mean, come on! ONE SHOT KILL SR8S??? you dont DIE instantly on impact with one of those in real life.

Dude, if you were shot once with any of these weapons in real life I doubt you'd still be able to bunnyhop and move around much. Most likely you'd be laying on the ground in pain.

#57 User is offline   StonedLemming (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:01 AM

IMO all the psg-1 needs is the chest hit insta bleedout back, not only is it funny, but in CTF alot of people go around vestless, so it makes the gun usefull atleast in one gamemode.

And if an actual .338 lapua round hits you in real life, either chest or head, im quite convinced youre dead pretty much instantly lol.

#58 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:11 AM

and give it 6 rounds; 2 rounds per kill vs 1 round per kill with sr8 =  3 kill per clip ..

.. and if you are good with psg, 6 rounds per kill with headshots on all of them.

#59 User is offline   dan_solo (old) Icon

• LocationPortugal

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:21 PM

I agree with stonelemming, psg1 only needs the 1 hit bleed kill on the non kevlar users.
It is true that you don't see many people sniping with psg-1, but when i see they don't take advantage of its capabilities.. they try to sniper like it was sr8.. and thats just ignorance. You should take advantage of the mobility it gives you to jump, walljump, slide and fire before complaining about how it sucks.. i find it quite useful to stop rushes. 1 hit per person and they just stop hoppin around like a duracell bunny(you just can't spam it randomly like many people do tho). Pretty useful if you have a machine gunner supporting you.

#60 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:51 PM

I agree with stonelemming, psg1 only needs the 1 hit bleed kill on the non kevlar users.
It is true that you don't see many people sniping with psg-1, but when i see they don't take advantage of its capabilities.. they try to sniper like it was sr8.. and thats just ignorance. You should take advantage of the mobility it gives you to jump, walljump, slide and fire before complaining about how it sucks.. i find it quite useful to stop rushes. 1 hit per person and they just stop hoppin around like a duracell bunny(you just can't spam it randomly like many people do tho). Pretty useful if you have a machine gunner supporting you.

For that kind of stuff a G36 is much more effective than a PSG.

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942