• +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Whats the point of the PSG1?

#81 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:43 PM

the best strategy to lose in riyadh is to find a building and stay in it sniping. as in any map, e.g. rommel's tower. unless you go all the way from the other team and camp the other team's building.

#82 User is offline   !OLD!Frater_Frag (old) Icon

• LocationLinköping, Sweden

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:15 PM

the best strategy to lose in riyadh is to find a building and stay in it sniping. as in any map, e.g. rommel's tower. unless you go all the way from the other team and camp the other team's building.

Thats when  the PSG with silencer is nice to have around...  :-P

Ok, after a while, the team that claim the rights to the building that you are using, will tend to get a bit annoyed about your unlicensed staying there...

But if you move around in a tactical manner... y our team will get a good chanse of performing a serious game of flagrunning...

#83 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:46 PM

Thats when  the PSG with silencer is nice to have around...  :-P

There is still bullet tracers that gives you away

#84 User is offline   brolly (old) Icon

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:24 PM

I tried this gun yesterday. The recoil on this gun makes me feel like every shot after the first is jerky and inaccurate. I definitely prefer G36 or SR8.

Thats cause the PSG-1 is a useless pos in this mod while the g36 has no recoil and can be spammed (accurately) till you hit head. Any noob can use/own with it.

#85 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:57 PM

... and they do!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#86 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

I despise the 36, I could never make it hit right for me in any version.  I chuckle everytime someone shoots at me with one, few people I've run across can make it work really well, yea you can spam some headshots but I don't see people topping any score cards with them....but w/e pfftscoffmockharrumphffs.

Psg1, same thing, I've never liked it, never seen any real spankings delivered with it either, nothing notable anyway.

#87 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:06 PM

g36 has an evil trick that i'm going to disclose to the world at this moment. don't keep fire pressed, it sucks. keep it pressed for up to 3 or 4 bullets. and most importantly it doesn't just need tapping, like ak or lr300, its cool down is way more, so you have to wait up to 2-3 secs to 'cool down' before refiring. after that, ownage.

#88 User is offline   blanchg (old) Icon

• LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:02 PM

The G36 can be quite deadly when used like this, I also find that when in semi auto you can spam the 3/4 needed quicker than when in auto and the cool down isn't quite as long.  I suggest for any weapons jumping into firing range have having a quick look at the spread pattern on different weapon modes, rounds and distances and attachments (remember you can turn most attachments on and off without respawning) and see what effect each has and what is most effective.

This carries across to almost all semi/auto weapons except maybe the berretta :D

#89 User is offline   Sxott (old) Icon

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:12 PM

That may be true, but really good snipers can still own by doing it.  Their team might lose, but they will have thetop spot  8-)

#90 User is offline   Ben1220 (old) Icon

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:53 AM

eventually all your foes will team up and extract their revenge, the longer you stay there the more angry they get and more determined they are just to kill you... you can't take out 6 sr8ers before one of them hits you right?

Oh and the PSG1... In theory its balanced but I don't see too many people using it, perhaps thats because everyone loves 1 shot kills.  Everyone now and then you run into a really good PSG1 player, that knows the weapon well, perhaps it is not as easy to fully master compared to sr8. 

Also SR8 bolt action usually gets you killed if you dont have any cover and you missed first shot, not the case with the PSG1...

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942