Posted Image

http://putstuff.putf...m/81634/5613644

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:44 AM

I think it's spelled 'deserted', not 'desserted' :D

But anyway, the map's nice, has a riyadh feel to it, without the open dessert part.

I hink you should put some visual hint on which buildings are clipped off, for example by putting a fence on them.

#3 User is offline   Shadowdragon Icon

• Account: shadowdragon

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:10 AM

ill check out the map but it kinda sounds like my map Stranded

#4 User is offline   PatientZero (old) Icon

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:49 AM

You can remember the difference between desert (barren wasteland) and dessert (yummy sweets) because you always want seconds of dessert (two s's).

#5 User is offline   Shadowdragon Icon

• Account: shadowdragon

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:53 AM

checking out the map theres alot of stuff wrong with it, first off u got me believing i can get to the top rooms on both sides, but something there telling me i cant, second off some rooms dont even have light, third alot of walls are not flushed next to each other showing light from the cracks, 4th looks like ryahd in a sense with the music and such, got alot of work and if im not correct, anything u pull from urbanterror cant not be used for another mod and such without permission of FS itself
did u get that permission

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 25 May 2007 - 11:11 AM

I think mappers are allowed to use assets that are in UrT 4 to make maps for UrT, if I'm not mistaken :D Hmm, not sure actually.

#7 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:50 PM

if it's deserted why are there lights, and it's in the dessert wheres the electricity coming from?!?!?!

#8 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:41 PM

It looks to have potential to me. Reminds me of sliema's design gameplay-wise. I'd probably make it wider, I mean with more open space or as it is and smaller to make it feel a bit more that's 'breathing' but that's only IMO. Plus the sand could look a bit more like sand, and maybe be a bit more (also just imo).

#9 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist
  • Locationseahorse seahell

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:44 PM

I think it's spelled 'deserted', not 'desserted' :D

yeah lol i thot it was spelled that way... but someone mispelld it on the forums and i took it as the correct spelling... lol

I hink you should put some visual hint on which buildings are clipped off, for example by putting a fence on them.

what? i think i got a hint from this segment of yur message but then i got lost... do you mean like make a wall or two to prevent giant lines of sight from ground level?

#10 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist
  • Locationseahorse seahell

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:52 PM

checking out the map theres alot of stuff wrong with it, first off u got me believing i can get to the top rooms on both sides, but something there telling me i cant, second off some rooms dont even have light, third alot of walls are not flushed next to each other showing light from the cracks, 4th looks like ryahd in a sense with the music and such, got alot of work and if im not correct, anything u pull from urbanterror cant not be used for another mod and such without permission of FS itself
did u get that permission

dude read the readme. it gives full credit to the texturers. DUH...

also the lighting leaks are caused by scripting of the skybox... some of the walls collide but they still leak thru/

third, the generator thingy moboby to make light must be in the building behind you when you spawn in a team game. and its just like a deserted village thingy... like srsly maybe the lights are those portable lights off those infomercials that you see on TV.

fourth, riyadh in 4.0 has lights. the only difference is they are models with a little shade on it and not worldspawns with a light texture fitted to it. the only reason i did this was because i didnt want to go thru the trouble of all the models and stuff.

fifth, i no someone didnt mention this yet, but there is no .tga map for it. i did modding for q3 and it didnt require it. ive only done 1 map before this one and it was for ut3.7 which i dont know how i got the .tga for it.

AND YOU CAN GET TO ANY UPPER LEVEL ROOM IN THE NORMAL BUILDINGS... just not the spawn building. it was just for looks and for an easier distguishable feature between the two parts of the map.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942