• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

FPS issue

#1 User is offline   War Spaghetti (old) Icon

• LocationPennyvania

Posted 18 May 2004 - 04:38 AM

UrT is almost unplayable in 3.6 because of the fps issue. I'm used to getting 125 steady and the bug has never been a problem for me. Now in 3.6 every round i go from 125 to 30 to 60 to 25 to 30 and then stay steady at 25 till the next round starts. It's really sad that my favorite game has to be ruined by this bullcrap.

#2 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 04:39 AM

fps havent changed for me since 3.0...except for the smoke on the bomb explosion...but the round is over then anyway

#3 Guest_fpk

Posted 18 May 2004 - 04:47 AM

when you play CTF, it sucks cause you have to leave... at least on TS/Bomb, the restarted round removes the effect of the fps bug. I'm assuming that on ET, since there are no engine limitations compared to Q3, that this will hopefully be fixed cause it doesn't always happend but when it does, it hits hard :/ Good thing they choosed an engine fully open to them.

#4 Guest_|NN|Kain

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:05 AM

I have this problem as well. I played a clan match in 3.6 last night and I could barely play the 1 map I played. frames would drop to 30 jump up to 60 then hit about 115 before dropping back down to 30 fps. I know people will say its my video card which it is not. I have a FX5900 ultra and know it can run this game no prob at 125 capped as I have for at least a year now or more as my old ti4200 could run it at 125 as well.

So all things put a side. I have this fps problem with Urban Terror and thats it. It is hard to believe I get better FPS playing Far Cry than Urban Terror. If this is a setting or something I have set wrong please tell. If its a bug a quick patch liek 3.6a would be good. I have gotten this on all 3 servers I have played 3.6 on.

#5 Guest_fpk

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:32 AM

You won't get any answer from SID (they are fed up of hearing of this issue) so lemme say what I remember so far.

They blame it on punkbuster since punkbuster off = "fps bug" free. and I tried it and it's true AFAIK. Some say doin g/pb_sleep "500" fixes it when this is just false. I always have it on value of 500 and I still get it so that MIGHT help (donno, doesn't for me) but surely doesn't fix our problem.

Hopefully, they will find out what feature in their game screws up with PB so they can put a stop to this for the ET port

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   rashly (old) Icon

• Locationlong island

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:33 AM

do pb_sleep 20. itll eat your cpu like hell for the first 2 minutes, but after that it's smooth sailing. works best in matches because you have time to warm up.

#7 User is offline   War Spaghetti (old) Icon

• LocationPennyvania

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:21 AM

I know SID has heard this over and over and over, but it's never been this bad. I can't even play it's so bad. I just downloaded the new ati driver and it didnt do much. I'm really thinking about deleting q3ut3 from my q3 folder.

#8 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:53 AM

I'll just restate it here.

Its not SID's fault.

In fact its absolutely nothing to do with us.

BUT

I can tell you what I know about fixing it.

1) run pb_system 1.
2) run with a SMALL pb_sleep, 20 or 60 or whatever the minimum is. It'll be over quicker.
3) lower your page file size, Cap it min/max to 128mb
4) unload everything you can out of ram.

And just hold on and pray.

PB's been super dilligent lately because of the new wave of bots resurfacing.. Lame, but blame the cheaters, not SID.

Sorry if its unplayable for you but theres not a rootin' tootin' thing SID can do about it.

#9 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:01 AM

actaully i have 2 servers running and i get the fps drop on both of them .one has pb the other has it off. i have plenty of cpu ,a fx5900,and a gig of memory so i'm not the problem . i can ge tthe same fps drop in a single player match on my own machine. i'm getting a new thing though .when ever somebody shoots at me me say an m4 or ak (something that puts out some rounds) i will get a lag feeling but yet there is no spike in the logameter nor a hit to the fps yet the screen looks like it is almost locking up then it will get better for a bit then do it again .different map some third party some SID maps. laneway in a known but not rommel i never had this happen on rommel yet it happen all the time there.

not saying it has to do with the game itself but maybe a certain shader or texture is just throwing of the vid.just a guess i'm not a mapper or a coder .i just enjoy the game and looking for a fix like everybody else

#10 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:12 AM

no, just having it "off" on the server isn't enough

it has to be off on the client AND off on the server.

Otherwise the client just scans anyway.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942