• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

WTF with the in game Browser???

#1 User is offline   Mcturd Icon

• Account: mcturd

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:43 AM

Look ladies and gentlemen, for the last 5 or 6 moon passings I am a little disenchanted with the in-game browser. The browser isn't working anylonger or I am  Noobing again. Since 4.0 I've use the ingame browser to find some great servers and hooked up with some righteous online friends. Now I can barley find jack -- Sh*t! Has a new version come out? 4.1? 4.a? 4.banna?(Don't insult my intelli ) Let me digress... I've use ASE forever prior to my new system. I installed Vista on my rocking 8600GTS SLI Rig and ASE stopped working.... Yea! Well it stopped working as a Launcher to Q3 but who cares.(ASE has nothing to do with this post so don't reply with your stoopid ASE remarks) Has anyone else farted out a server with actual players using the in game browser? I don't even see FSK out there.

Help!!!, thank you and have a sh*tty day.

-McTurd

#2 User is offline   ghozt (old) Icon

• LocationDelaware, USA

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:46 AM

The ingame browser is working fine and so is my master server (master.urbanterror.net)
check your game filters? is it set to internet?

#3 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:58 AM

I have a two hour old install and it's working perfectly for me.  It used to pooch out periodically on me on 3.7 but I haven't had that lately.

#4 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

Yep, working fine here as well, and pretty darn quickly too, tnx to the urbanterror.net master server.

I would check your filters. Also, maybe vista has some security features that doesn't let an app make many connections or something? Dunno.

#5 User is offline   Mcturd Icon

• Account: mcturd

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:29 PM

:-D LOL!!! I figured it out! Nobody is using any anti cheat! I had PB and BE filters on. Great game guys, sorry for the original rant. Don't know how those filters got modified, guess I was trying to be a honest player. Oh well, moderators should delete this thread or move it to the help section. Thanks again! Oh an have another sh*ty day.

-McTurd

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:11 PM

If you filter both for PB on and BE on, you won't see any servers, cause a server either has PB or BE, never both :)

I believe it's not possible to set the filters to only display servers with either PB or BE. Doesn't make much sense either, since your client can only support one of them too. So depending on what client you use, you set either BE or PB to on and the other to off.

#7 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:09 PM

If you filter both for PB on and BE on, you won't see any servers, cause a server either has PB or BE, never both :)

I believe it's not possible to set the filters to only display servers with either PB or BE. Doesn't make much sense either, since your client can only support one of them too. So depending on what client you use, you set either BE or PB to on and the other to off.

It would be nice then if the client would automatically choose the right anticheat filter and never display servers using an unsupported anticheat.

#8 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:55 PM

Yah, looked into that by letting the menu check for /version, but for some reason it couldn't... :/

#9 User is offline   ghozt (old) Icon

• LocationDelaware, USA

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:17 AM

like i said, check the filters!  :-D

#10 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:27 AM

Ghozt wins!

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942