• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

call votes and kicking

#11 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:53 PM

heh, the main problem in those votes is not the caller but the ones "f1ing" it, since without them, it wouldn't pass, and some just do it for the laugh it seems. [unless in the rare occasion some lame clan has joined nick faking]

btw, I don't think it's 90%, more like 10-20% in the euro pubs I join (and I think they are messier than US pubs for language/communication reasons) but ok, it's there.

#12 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:18 PM

by the way....it would be nice if /callvote kick would enforce a reason to be given...that way we'd at least have the possibility to let others know resp. know why someone should be kicked. in my opinion this should be mandatory...

#13 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:39 PM

on that, it recently occurred I wanted to call a vote and f2 it at the same time. e.g. some ask for shuffleteams and don't know how to do it, so, /callvote shuffleteams -no or something.

now that I think about it, why not starting with 0 votes in the first place. at least in certain occasions, e.g. when doing it from console.

#14 User is offline   idaho (old) Icon

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:30 PM

Simple Play FFA  :-D  Turn off Votes .
Team play set auto kick to server's desire .
Anything else [kick/ban or for that anything] shouldn't be the publics chioce . Each server has its own personality according to those that run /admin it , giving ' asshats ' a chioce would make it that type of server  :roll: with that type of player  :-o   

#15 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:59 AM

heh, the main problem in those votes is not the caller but the ones "f1ing" it, since without them, it wouldn't pass, and some just do it for the laugh it seems. [unless in the rare occasion some lame clan has joined nick faking]

Yea that's especially irritating, the knee-jerk F1, lately though I've seen a lot more people asking why and being persistent about demanding a good reason to F1.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Kendle Icon

•   verified user   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: kendle

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:56 AM

I always F2 unless there is a reason given, I don't bother to ask. If I wanted someone gone from a server I'd make a case for it, not just expect everyone to agree with me. If someone wants my vote they're going to have to convince me to give it.

#17 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:36 PM

f2 is a vote too. if one was causing trouble it may be worse for a server to do it. maybe you'd just want to not vote in the case you don't know what's going on.

#18 User is offline   Mr. Pointless (old) Icon

• LocationStuck in the UK

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:44 PM

yeah,  but don't do it on 2 frag limit because I've seen in some 99 player servers to not be so serious getting a tk or two.

on 2 or 3 kick, on 4 ban(probably in a time limit of say 10 mins), I'd personally have it kick from 4 and more. most 'two's are accidental.

Got to agree there. I've only been playing a week and... well... I've already lost count of the number of times a 'teammate" rushed out or a door, only to meet the receiving end of my gun. I'm too jumpy, meaning I react to surprises very quickly. Even if the result is undesirable. :cry:

Or reasons for a TK include the 'victim' running into your line of fire just as you pull the trigger. Alright if the 'victim' is on the other team, but... you get the idea. :|

Thankfully most people take it well, but I always try to apologise in case. One spammed "Check your fire.", but that was the worst of it.

#19 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:37 PM

Only time I seem to get headshots is when TKing  :cry:

seriously.. the best shots I'll do in a night will be when I accidently blow a team m8s head off... cant hit the floor with the spas the rest of the time  :-D

#20 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:22 PM

Maybe it's time for FFA.

That type is underrated :-D

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942