Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

So i downloaded 4.0 ...

#1 User is offline   JiM* (old) Icon

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:36 PM

Well well well, after 2 years of NOT playing, for some reason Urbant Terror came in my sight again and i had to try once i heared we were at version 4.0 now. I havent played this game since 2.7 (or something, it was the last one in the 2.x series) and never even seen a 3.x version.

Now i decided not to go whine and flame like i usually did whenever we got a new version (hehe good old times) but i thought it would be best to point out the great things

WOW, i like the game even after so many years. I never really liked the walljumping, but got used to it after it was implemented, but holy crap i do like the sliding! Shit thats awesome! I really like the way the weapons feel, many feel like they used to be, but somehow they work better.
The minimap has improved a LOT and it really works well.
The community is still amazing and my jaw fell on the ground when i saw so many old names pop up in the servers. People i used to play with 6 or 7 years ago still played this game! Wow, this is really a great blast from the past for me, and ill probably be starting up UrT more then a few times to go and see if i still got 'it'.

I wanted to say good job SID, but i understand you guys are not SID anymore. Ah well.

Anyhoo, thx for sticking to the game for the large group of people that still love the game.

#2 User is offline   ghozt (old) Icon

• LocationDelaware, USA

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:47 AM

Good to have you back, but you say you didn't ever even see a 3x version of the game but yet you talk of things that were implement'd in the 3x series.. ?

#3 User is offline   JiM* (old) Icon

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:07 PM

then i guess they are implemented in 4.0 as well.

#4 User is offline   Tr!8E³ (old) Icon

• LocationMallorca, Spain

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:01 AM

Hey Jim nice to see you around! Dan also commin' back? :)

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

Good to have you back, but you say you didn't ever even see a 3x version of the game but yet you talk of things that were implement'd in the 3x series.. ?

are you implying he's lying?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:47 PM

I think he's just wondering wassup :)

#7 User is offline   MeNoPausE (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, NY

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:40 PM

LOL, I've been away for about the same amount of time but I remember 3.7  I started playing again last night and am glad I did. Nothing to this day in any fps can equal the feel and gameplay of UrT. So happy to see some peeps who were just forum junkies and gamers become part of the dev team. So many familiar names. Funny how everything came back to me after about 20 mins of playing. At first I was lost but once it all came back I was rocking top score on many old maps. Felt really good...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942