• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

I feel insulted right now...

#1 User is offline   Mr. Pointless (old) Icon

• LocationStuck in the UK

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:13 PM

OK, I have only been playing Urban Terror for less than a week. I love it. I've got a few gripes (mainly about peeps who insist on running up to you with an SR-8 and blowing your head off at point blank.  :-o) but who can actually say otherwise about any game?

Anyways, today I joined a Team DM server, nice and small, with only 4 players out of a possible 8. 5 Seconds into the game it comes up "Vote Kick "Mr. Pointless"" to which everyone votes Yes, and I'm unceremoniously booted off the server. Their excuse? Cheating.

Now let me get this out of the way now. I do not cheat on online games, nor do I condone, endorse or approve of the act of cheating in an online game. I hate cheaters as much as it looks like you guys do. I prefer to earn my victories fair and square. So to be accused of cheating in any online game is quite a blow to my feelings, especially when I have no oppurtunity to protest or prove my innocence.

I'm not sure what to do about it either? Should I just think to myself 'Meh' and avoid that server in future or what?

And can I even post details (like server name and IP) of the offending server? I know it's probably an issue with an individual player that has nothing to do with the server owners, but...  :|

[EDIT] Oh crud! Only just registered and it already looks like I posted in the wrong section.  Excuse me while I go punch myself... :|

#2 Guest_agiantblackdude

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:28 PM

#3 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:33 PM

hahah AGBD...stop winding him up :mrgreen:

it sounds like u just found a crap server, populated with fools.... dont read too much into it, theres plenty of servers and plenty of fools.

most of us have been accused of cheating at one point or another, and unfairly kicked by retarded voting .....just dont play there again. 8-)

#4 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:44 PM

most of us have been accused of cheating at one point or another, and unfairly kicked by retarded voting .....just dont play there again. 8-)

Word; don't mind people who only have a ten of brain cells left in their skull

#5 User is offline   PatientZero (old) Icon

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:19 AM

Main thing is to not take it personally. I'd say try that server some other time since it's the people that were playing at that time that voted you out -- not the server itself. I play on a lot of servers, and see different players on the same servers all the time. There are only a few players that I've learned to simply ignore by default.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   brolly (old) Icon

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:21 AM

I get voted off all the time...mostly on euro servers. People dont even spec anymore, they just vote you off and everyone yells f1!!

Its kinda gay to vote without specn the person.

#7 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:00 AM

There are no cheats in this game...its perfect.

#8 User is offline   Poelier` (old) Icon

• LocationHolland

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:53 AM

There are no cheats in this game...its perfect.

Hehe Oswald!  :mrgreen:

OK, I have only been playing Urban Terror for less than a week. I love it. I've got a few gripes (mainly about peeps who insist on running up to you with an SR-8 and blowing your head off at point blank.  :-o) but who can actually say otherwise about any game?

Anyways, today I joined a Team DM server, nice and small, with only 4 players out of a possible 8. 5 Seconds into the game it comes up "Vote Kick "Mr. Pointless"" to which everyone votes Yes, and I'm unceremoniously booted off the server. Their excuse? Cheating.

Now let me get this out of the way now. I do not cheat on online games, nor do I condone, endorse or approve of the act of cheating in an online game. I hate cheaters as much as it looks like you guys do. I prefer to earn my victories fair and square. So to be accused of cheating in any online game is quite a blow to my feelings, especially when I have no oppurtunity to protest or prove my innocence.

I'm not sure what to do about it either? Should I just think to myself 'Meh' and avoid that server in future or what?

And can I even post details (like server name and IP) of the offending server? I know it's probably an issue with an individual player that has nothing to do with the server owners, but...  :|

[EDIT] Oh crud! Only just registered and it already looks like I posted in the wrong section.  Excuse me while I go punch myself... :|

Dont bother mate, lots of ppl get kicked by "nerds" couse they accuse them of cheating. Especially those *QV* noobs kick every one who own them.

#9 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:42 AM

Hehe Oswald!  :mrgreen:

Dont bother mate, lots of ppl get kicked by "nerds" couse they accuse them of cheating. Especially those *QV* noobs kick every one who own them.

So they kick everyone at all

#10 User is offline   Poelier` (old) Icon

• LocationHolland

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:19 AM

Muhahaha, so true ! :-D

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942