Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

why does urt pwn so much

#21 User is offline   scoff (old) Icon

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:35 AM

Im not seeing it fellas, I know I might get flamed but pwn?? Dont think so. Game doesnt really pop for me that much. Just a lot of the same over and over again. Takes a lot of energy and concentration to keep playing. After four months of playing I actually have to make myself turn it on.

Just not as satisfying to me as other games are. I played Warcraft 3 demo yesturday for shiz and giggles and had the most fun Ive had in a while. Actually had the ol' fist pumping going on. And thats just warcraft3. Not saying that WC3>UrT just It felt good to win at something. In UrT its just u shoot and jump and then the map changes... U start all over again. Dont really notice who won or who lost.

Dont get me wrong I like your game and hopefully when 4.1 comes out it will have something to offer for me. Just my two cents.

Dont be bitter, ive seen u play... leaves much to be desired.  Maybe ur more a rts player at heart... did you kick the ai's ass or what?  :)

#22 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:14 PM

lol@posting on a forum you don't like its game.

do you hate it? :?

#23 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

No, he has fun and is a good player too:

<snip>

IMHO, psg-1 is a very fun gun. Isnt that the point of playing? For fun.

<snip>

I do good with any gun UrT has, i think thats because im just out there having some fun.

#24 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:06 PM

Just not as satisfying to me as other games are. I played Warcraft 3 demo yesturday for shiz and giggles and had the most fun Ive had in a while. Actually had the ol' fist pumping going on. And thats just warcraft3. Not saying that WC3>UrT just It felt good to win at something. In UrT its just u shoot and jump and then the map changes... U start all over again. Dont really notice who won or who lost.

That's in the nature of a team game, can't change that... If you want excitement, you'll have to play team matches. I can assure you that you notice who won and who lost when playing with your team. :)

I would agree that URT doesn't offer anything spectacular for casual players on FFA servers though. I guess you won't appreciate all the finer points of gameplay until you become more serious about the game.

WC3 is a really nice game, there is a reason why it's one of the most popular games all around. If you are into RTS and tapping your keys insanely fast, there is no reason why you shouldn't play it. I might be playing it myself if the circumstances had been different.

#25 User is offline   Kabal Icon

• Account: kabal
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:35 PM

No, he has fun and is a good player too:

iirc he's also the one spitting on 4.0 and dev team few days after the release....
thought he wanted quit cuz this game is sh!t :roll:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   RahX (old) Icon

• LocationPaducah KY

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:44 PM

About the only gameplay mode I really enjoy is TS. Something about it really makes the aspects of UrT shine. I suppose the need to be somewhat careful, since you don't just respawn in the next five seconds. Makes the realism aspects of UrT fun. But the non-realism aspects make it fun to move around.

#27 User is offline   TrueScope (old) Icon

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:11 AM

I think a few of you guys kinda got off track of what i was saying about UrT. I did expect some flaming but I guess some of u didnt understand the point I was trying to make. The topic is "why does urt pwn so much". I do enjoy playing this game and do enjoy it tremendously. Just think that pwn is a putting it on a high pedistal(however its spelled). Ive been playing Q3A off and on since demo days. Its the game that started my love for online multiplayer fps. UrT and Q3A are both equally fun to me. Its just that Q3A has just so much more to do, so many maps out there and tons and tons of players. To me Q3A pwns. To me UrT if a fun game when I need a change.

I think that UrT would get my vote that it pwns if it had stuff that Ive never seen before. Since thats what makes a game pop for me. Just like the first time I ever seen the BFG shoot in the game doom. When Im playing TS in UrT most servers I get on play the same 6 or so maps and the game is so simplified and repetitive that its just a little bland to me. But thats just me. In the back of my mind I know that there are millions of games out there that I havnt explored yet. And to give just one the highest statis of pwn just seems unreasonable to me.

And a couple responses to flames I got, I leave u with this:

Yes, I was rag-ing a bit about bugs when I first started and said I was going back to Q3. But I did write that topic after being awake for about 48 hours. That is the truth. And I think anyone would get pissed off if they couldnt get out of their spawn point cause the doors wont open. C'mon.

And the reason I post topics on a forum for a game that I think is just FUN. Is because Im a real cool guy and care about like to help others. Thought I could help sport the cause by keeping my name in the hat so to speak. The same reason u might find me on irc.enterthegame.com #urbanterror.

Please remember....... Just my two cents.... IMHO..... And all that.

#28 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:28 PM

Just think that pwn is a putting it on a high pedistal.

I personally genuinely think it pwns for the reason I mentioned. It combines quake movement with semi-realism. And that's rare. And in a good way at that. Incidentally, 'where quake meets reality' is a slogan of it too. Quite accurate imo.

#29 User is offline   D33P_FRI3D|poop (old) Icon

• Locationeither at my pc or my gravitational device o(^_^)o

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:53 PM

old maps are dead for a reason...unless we, the team decide otherwise...
wow really y i know it is urs but those old maps pwn maybe a retro pack plz

#30 User is offline   RahX (old) Icon

• LocationPaducah KY

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:32 PM

1. Its a free fps
2. There really isn't another free fps like UrT.

1+2 = pwn

IMHO

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942