• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

LAN issue Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist
  • Locationseahorse seahell

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:26 AM

i have internet on this one computer of mine. im trying to allow the connection to be shared over a LAN. i run the wizard, all goes well. the internet connection has the "shared" hand under its icon. the LAN icon looks normal. i go over to MY computer (the one that doesnt have internet) and open up firefox. no internet connection. i open up firefox on my internet computer. no internet connection still.

the diagram explains it better:

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:19 AM

first fix the the 1st to have internet because without it the 2nd wouldn't anyway.

#3 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:17 PM

in windows, (yes i no, im getting linux thats why i need inter-PC internet) there is a setup option to connect from another computer. its the first one on the network setup list.

#4 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:09 PM

oh come on. an entire forum for this stuff and nobody knows?!!?!

#5 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

an entire forum that does not get read by most ppl, yes

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist

Posted 23 June 2007 - 04:16 AM

lol. ive got a fellow UrT playr thats really cool so hes figuring it out in his free tim  :D

#7 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:10 PM

You could always get an internet router box and attach both pc's to that. Then you also won't have to leave the internet PC turned on all the time...

#8 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:17 PM

thats the problem. i dont own the internet pc, but they are ok with this idea, but not sharing the router. and also, i cant link the dsl box to the lan without ripping up walls.

#9 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

Normally you just right click the dsl connection in xp's network properties and select enable internet connection sharing (no fancy wizard). It should automatically configure the LAN adapter in the pc to 192.168.0.1 and make it act as dhcp server. Your other pc should just have use dhcp enabled for all the tcp/ip stuff to get connected. You can check network settings with 'ipconfig /all' on the command prompt to see if both pc's are configured the way they should be. This is one feature in xp that hasn't failed me so far. You should definetly make sure both pc's can ping each other and that you can ping an internet address (e.g. google.com). If your isp requires you to use some proxy server you might have to set that manually in your browser too. If the internet sharing pc has firewall programs they might need some opening, but your first priority would be making your pc's ping each other without problems. Good luck

#10 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

ty lemming for the info.

i have absolutely no doubt that it works in any case, for a computer with a fully functional LAN port.

lol i found out that the port fell off the pci card ill go find another one at a computer store sometime, ;)

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942